No announcement yet.

So I'm curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It took us about a month after we started talking again and 2 weeks after being exclusive, I rush ordered a passport and drove to see her as soon as I had two days off in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Zantanada View Post
      It took us about a month after we started talking again and 2 weeks after being exclusive, I rush ordered a passport and drove to see her as soon as I had two days off in a row.
      I think you missed the point of this thread.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Before we met, we were just friends, but it took 5 years because I was under 18, and I really wanted to meet him on my terms. I can't imagine how difficult it would've been if I'd been in a relationship with him before, so kudos to those of you who do do it.

I have to say though, before I knew what he was like in person, it was easier to be happy with the internet connection. I know it's hard, but enjoy this period! After you meet it's like opening pandora's box, haha.

Comment

Just a suggestion here:
          Do you and your SO have smart phones? There's an app for the smartphone called WhatsApp, and you can use it to text each other, send pix messages, and even audio messages
          It only costs 99 cents so its much cheaper than getting an international texting plan. It's great to use when you want to send a quick message to each other, especially if you don't have much time to talk.

Best of luck to you, my dear!

Comment

Originally posted by emsimes View Post
            Just a suggestion here:
            Do you and your SO have smart phones? There's an app for the smartphone called WhatsApp, and you can use it to text each other, send pix messages, and even audio messages
            It only costs 99 cents so its much cheaper than getting an international texting plan. It's great to use when you want to send a quick message to each other, especially if you don't have much time to talk.

Best of luck to you, my dear!
            There's another app that I would recommend that is free. You can text, send pics, talk and it doesn't cost anything. It's called Viber. My SO and I use it all the time!

I waited from Sept 2010 to April 2012 to see him after his first visit here and it was difficult, but we kept in touch and communication was key! I also had a countdown app that helped me see how long it was to go - though I love the button/container idea! I didn't have a date until early 2012 so I was kinda in "limbo" for a while! Good luck to you both and I hope your meeting is everything you could wish for!
            Joey & Scott
            Met: April 2002
            Lost Contact: August 2002
            Reconnected: April 2010
            Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X