This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMORPG game help!

Hi, me and my boyfriend are looking for some MMORPG games that you don't have to download adventurous, life like type of stuff. If you know any game's besides the ones listed below it would be a great help.
    Here is a list of games we use to play but grew out of or didn't like:
    Second Life,
    Run escape,
    IMVU.

And sorry if this post sucks or anything still very new.
    *~ Thank you for reading

In terms of stuff you don't have to download... hmm, that's tough. My boyfriend and I play one game called Call of Thrones-- I definitely would not say it is a really quality game, but there is a decent community and it's something you and your SO can do together. I don't think I'd play it if my boyfriend didn't.

Gaia online has an MMO called zOMG that I found very entertaining. It's browser-based and I would definitely play that both alone and with my SO. You might try that first. They also have a pokemon-like game called monster galaxy, but it's not really MMO.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Portal 2 can be played co-op.
      Smite is an online game that's free to play but can be very competitive because you play on teams of five.
      Older games like Age of Mythology can be played via LAN but some need a special program because they're older.
      It doesn't sound like you have played a lot of more advanced games, so it might be a good idea to start with something that just the two of you play via LAN rather than a competitive team game, but of course that's entirely up to you!

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

I play Settler's Online. It is free and web based. I play on the USA server and Euro Server because I split my time between the two places. I have a nice guild in each and the people are very friendly. I think you can find a whole bunch more free games through Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/

Let me know if you want to join Settlers. My BF does not play it but I have another good buddy we are both friends with and he is in both my guilds.
          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Definitely download Steam yes, and lots of free games, (I personally love Age of Empires Online) but you do have to download all of those so other than the ones suggested by others I can't really help you...

Comment

Some versions of Age of Empires and Age of Mythology are too old to play LAN anymore. Me and my BF tried and were told the server no longer supported them, so beware before you buy. I do think there are some new versions of AOE that is still supported.
              "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                Some versions of Age of Empires and Age of Mythology are too old to play LAN anymore. Me and my BF tried and were told the server no longer supported them, so beware before you buy. I do think there are some new versions of AOE that is still supported.
                There's a certain program called hamachi that you can get to use in place of the server for games like Age of Mythology. I've played a few games over it. It's takes a little work to get it in place, and some reading if you're not familiar with that kind of thing. It is doable though.

Also, speaking of settlers, you can play an online version of the board game Settler's of Catan. Board game is awesome but I haven't tired the online. Worth a look!

Comment

Everything that is on Steam is at least supported really properly, so that's great! Age of Empires II HD recently came out, because the old disc version is not running on the newer windows computers anymore. So while it's true that you have to be careful, everything that you can buy over steam should not cause any problems.

Comment

My SO and I sometimes play LOTRO (lord of the rings online). It is free to play, and pretty fun to play, especially if you guys like adventure/fantasy, or like The Lord of the Rings, and the world of Middle Earth. It can be downloaded via steam.

Comment

Thank you everyone.

Comment

I play Settler's Online. It is free and web based. I play on the USA server and Euro Server because I split my time between the two places. I have a nice guild in each and the people are very friendly. I think you can find a whole bunch more free games through Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/

Let me know if you want to join Settlers. My BF does not play it but I have another good buddy we are both friends with and he is in both my guilds.
                        I started playing Stronghold because of this this morning love it! But now I am out of patience and want things to move along faster .. plus it seems so complicated..

Comment

Working...
                        X