What to pack for Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to pack for Italy

Alright so I am going to buy my ticket next month to fly to Verona, Italy. I will FINALLY get to meet my bf for the very first time in person. Very excited =]
    I've been saving like crazy. Unfortunately, my dad asked for 40% of m tax return to help pay for the mortgage, since he hasn't been working for almost one year now =\.
    That meant, I wouldn't have enough to buy the ticket, meaning I wouldn't see my Love. Luckily, he offered to give me the difference.
    So now I'm just saving for emergency and spending money.
    But I'm still iffy on what type of clothes to pack. I'll be leaving in August, and Loremzo has told me that it gets hot over there. I know for certain I'm not packing heels. There's no way lol
    sigpic
    Met August 2012
    Official Nov. 18 2012
    Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
    He's visiting April 7-28 2014
    I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

I would honestly look up online through google and see what the weather on average is like during that time of the year over there and then pack accordingly.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

Hi there!

My SO also leaves in Italy, Sicily to be exact, and I have gone there 4 times and I've gone for the whole summer. Trust me when I say it is HOT! Especially down in Sicily, but I would suggest you pack a lot of sun dresses! Since Verona is in northern Italy I would say that at night the temperature might drop so it might be chilly so pack light jackets as well. You might want to bring heels if you go out at night, especially if you go out to dinner or to a club you will notice italian women get very dressed up! Hope this helps & let me know if you have any other questions!

Comment

How long are you staying? Generally, I recommend packing clothes for no more than 2 weeks (you can wash them and re-wear them), and packing the lightest clothes possible (thinner t-shirts, flowy skirts, shorts, etc.-- much easier to do in the summer).

Bring 2-3 pairs of shoes-- I'd recommend sandals/flip-flops (which are usually flat or can be packed flat, so they don't take up much room), a pair of good walking shoes, and something a little nicer (maybe flats, which are also easily compressible, or some nice dress shoes) for if you think you'll go out. You can wear your walking shoes at the airport, since they'll likely be bulkier, in order to save space.

You can buy shampoo and deoderant and stuff there. Bring a light jacket for if it gets chilly (which you can also wear around your waist at the airport if you're running low on space).

That's all I can think of right now. :P
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

I'm also flying to Italy in August to stay with my SO! Not to far away from your's! I'm going to Fano, a small coast town about an hour from Verona I already made a packing list too. I'm bringing 6 shirts (tank tops and light shirts) one cardigan, 2 skirts (one short, on long), 2 dresses, 3 pairs of shorts, and 4 pairs of shoes (2 sandals, 2 heels). All of this will fit in my carryon. My SO says it gets really hot in August, like it's hard to sleep kind of hot, so definitely warm weather clothing I hope you have the most amazing time. For how long are you staying?

Comment

I went to Italy about 5 years ago. I remember two things about packing.

1. Comfortable shoes to sight see in. Italy had tons and tons of awesome walking tours.

2. Various clothes for different sections of the country if traveling about the country. The north and south had very different temperatures when I was there, that was in early September. The south was pretty hot and the north got chilly at night.

Have a blast no matter what you do or where you go!
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

This helps a lot actually. Thank you so much for telling me about how dressy the women get. I don't want to show up with just flats
              sigpic
              Met August 2012
              Official Nov. 18 2012

Comment

Wow lol =] this is all so helpful. I'm leaving the second week of August for two lotions weeks =D. I really can't wait.
                I know I have a feeling the women there dress so much nicer than the girls with yoga pants and hoodies here.
                sigpic
                Met August 2012
                Official Nov. 18 2012

Comment

Google tells me that it should be reasonable chilly up north, but you should pack something warm anyway JUST IN CASE.

Also, European women dress 18483948394839483948x more nicely than Australian/American women.

Comment

I figured they would. I remember when I told my SO how girls here come to college course in the pajamas and hair tied up. He had this disgusted look on his face
                    sigpic
                    Met August 2012
                    Official Nov. 18 2012

Comment

Working...
                    X