Need suggestions for SO birthday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need suggestions for SO birthday!

My SO birthday is may 5th and since we are apart I wanted to do something to make him feel special. Last year I sent him a gift via the post office and let me tell you the fee to send it to Italy cost more than the gift! It was ridiculous. So this year I was thinking of maybe sending him a letter but I have done this before so I was thinking of doing something more original. I was hoping anyone had suggestions!

Thanks in advance

Maybe make him a video and post it to YT but make it private or unlisted and send him the link in an email on his birthday? In the past I have made my SO a collection of videos for his Christmas and birthday presents (we're both born Jan 6th so very close to Christmas) and burnt them to DVD. He loved the personal aspect and it was cheaper to send.

How crafty are you? Could you make him a card? Or have a photo of you both together printed and make or decorate a frame? Though that might be a bit hard to send without the glass breaking...unless you used a card frame?

Not sure what he's into and just throwing out suggestions here! Hope they are of some use to you!
    Joey & Scott
    Met: April 2002
    Lost Contact: August 2002
    Reconnected: April 2010
    Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

my boy's birthday is in June so am trying to think of ideas too. I was thinking of making him a scrapbook with various bits in but am a bit worried about how much it will cost to post to America.

Comment

Originally posted by 80anthea View Post
        my boy's birthday is in June so am trying to think of ideas too. I was thinking of making him a scrapbook with various bits in but am a bit worried about how much it will cost to post to America.
        It depends on how long you leave for it to get there, and how heavy it is. It's one of the reasons I've been keeping Scott's birthday and Christmas presents here for when he visits, he was supposed to come in Feb, but life got in the way so I'm thinking of sending them over when I send some of the visa stuff.
        Joey & Scott
        Met: April 2002
        Lost Contact: August 2002
        Reconnected: April 2010
        Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

what are his hobbies?

Comment

Instead of a scrapbook I'd have to post from here I'm thinking of making a photo book online and using an American company so that postage will cost less.

Comment

Hey everyone thanks for the suggestions!

I ended up buying a card which plays music when you open it. It worked out perfectly because I sent it last week and it got there yesterday and he's birthday is today. He really liked it and he was surprised to hear music when he opened the card because they don't have those cards in Italy.

Hi 80anthea,

Last year for my SO birthday I made him a video of all the friends he made here including my family wishing him a happy birthday. It really easy! I asked the people who wanted to participate to make a video with their phones and send them to me and then I upload them to moviemaker and edited it. It took me about a day to receive the videos and edit it all together. This was a very fun idea and he loved it! Of course this will ony work if your SO has visited you and knows the same people you know. Hope I gave you another idea good luck!

Comment

there's an idea for next time, thank you! I ended up making a photobook using a company that ship straight to the usa, I just hope it prints okay as I won't get to see it first!

Comment

Working...
                X