Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding it really hard...

Hello all,

Myself and my SO have been talking since June 2011 and we talked solidly for a year and then it filtered out a bit but we reconnected again and then it filtered out and we have now reconnected again. There is always something that brings us back. We havent met yet but its more due to lack of funds but we are trying to meet this May. Fingers crossed.

I guess im just finding it all a bit difficult at the minute. We have a time difference which is never easy and just lately i feel like its more effort from my part and i dont know how to approach it with him.

Any help would be great

my best piece of advice would be to read the other threads on this forum. There are tons about how to cope, tips to save money, what it's like finally meeting, how to keep conversations from getting boring and of course numerous success stories.

The best medicine for a lonely heart is to realize you aren't alone.

Notes:
    Met: 8.17.09
    Started Dating: 8.20.09
    First Met: 10.2.10
    Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

If you can try chatting through skype/webcame, might help ease the waiting period ever so slightly. I know talking through a webcam isnt the same as face to face but it's the next best thing
      ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

We are about the same , 3800 miles or so apart. 5-6 hours. We assumed at first only to be friends ever, but as weeks went by we could not help but get closer. If you are at that point, trust in the relationship and you will be surprised. This forum has been a great help and I truly believe if it is meant to be, love cannot be held back.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

o so true we got a time difference of 8 hours, we skype for 15 min or so when he gets up to go to work, that really helped me to cope with it all.
          but it is never easy i try to keep busy as possible and sometimes the green monster lurchs or i just feel sad i just have a good cry or something and that helps to
          its finding your way through all of it

Comment

Time differences (especially if they're HUGE) can make a huge challenge, but as dragonlady said, it's better just to keep busy to pass the time so you don't go crazy. Besides, I'm sure he wouldn't want you to feel down whenever he's not around, either (remember, chances are, he feels exactly the same way.)

Discover a new hobby, catch up with some good books or TV, learn some new recipes, go for a volunteer opportunity, anything - you'll not only discover more about yourself and how patient you are, but you'll garner up more things to talk about the next time you both can catch up.

Comment

Working...
            X