Australia working holiday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia working holiday

Hey everyone, I just found this forum and was hoping for some advice maybe. My boyfriend is leaving in 6 weeks to go on a working holiday on a farm in australia from england for 8 months and i'm starting to freak out a bit i don't know much about it, like how often we'll get to talk and if he's likely to meet another girl there. Just how things will be for us basically and it's upsetting me :/ I don't really want to talk about it to him cause I don't want to dampen how excited he is for it, obviously we'll both be upset but it's depressing me and I don't wanna ruin anything for him. If anyone has been through anything similar and could give me advice that would be so helpful ^_^ thanks x
    Last edited by amy2307; May 14, 2013, 02:32 PM.

Hey! I don't know if my situation is similar, but I can really relate. At some point I think you should tell him how you feel, specially before he goes, and it all depends on how you tell him! Just try to speak in a calm voice and don't speak as you are angry with the situation. I am sure you know this, but it really makes the difference. He will understand how you feel and will be glad you told him!
    But wait... you are already long distance? I spoke as if you were, but if this is the first time it is happening I should have started other way

Comment

He's likely to meet a new girl only if he wants to and doesn't take your relationship seriously. And that could happen anywhere!

But yeah, time difference and distance will be hard, especially when he works at a farm and doesn't have much time to be online.

Comment

We kind of are already, we don't see each other often at all and only talk for about an hour a day so when we do talk I don't wanna be all miserable and stuff. I will try though, I guess it will make things easier in the long run thank you!

Comment

Yeah that's true, i'm just worried that he'll get lonely and meet someone out there and forget about me if we don't get to talk often. I don't think he's really like that but 8 months seems like such a long time for us to be apart :/

Comment

Working...
          X