Money transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money transfer

SO wants to send money to me at minimal cost to both of us. We usually go via paypal but since I have a limit of $500 per month, it will be past our time frame to get all the funds.

What in your experience is the best way to send more than $500 from EU to US?

Thank You for your help!

Originally posted by Gin_12 View Post
    SO wants to send money to me at minimal cost to both of us. We usually go via paypal but since I have a limit of $500 per month, it will be past our time frame to get all the funds.

What in your experience is the best way to send more than $500 from EU to US?

Thank You for your help!
    Did he check with his bank? My BF said his bank could send it directly to my bank account.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I always use paypal. What's the urgency on the funds? Could you do it in smaller amounts over a larger period of time? I'm sorry I can't offer other advice since I don't know.

Comment

All you need to do is contact your bank and get your banking information and he can go to his bank and send it to you via a transfer.

Comment

Tell your SO to go to his bank to initiate a wire transfer in to your account.

Met: November 19, 2010
          Tim came to Texas: April 27, 2011
          Made it official: April 29, 2011
          Lori went to England: September 21, 2011
          Mini trip to Paris: September 22, 2011
          Tim popped the question: September 22, 2011
          K-1 Visa approved!: May 21, 2012
          Closed the distance!: July 26, 2012
          Got married: September 22, 2012

Comment

Can you get the limits taken off your paypal account? I swear I just clicked "remove limits" on mine and I can send as much as a want.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
            <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
            The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
            <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
            <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
            Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
            Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank You everyone,
              I called my bank and on standard accounts, there would have been a fee for the wire transfer, however I also have a money market account (?) which allows me to get one free wire transfer per statement period. They gave me the routing number, a swift number and an address. SO just needs to give those to his bank and I'm good to go. I wanted to share this so others who wonder (like I did) may know as well.
              Again, I appreciate you!

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                Can you get the limits taken off your paypal account? I swear I just clicked "remove limits" on mine and I can send as much as a want.
                You know, nicole, I'm going to try that and see what happens...

Comment

Originally posted by squeeker View Post
                  I always use paypal. What's the urgency on the funds? Could you do it in smaller amounts over a larger period of time? I'm sorry I can't offer other advice since I don't know.
                  Squeeker, my Visa appointment is coming up and I was required to show proof of sufficient funds. The guarantee SO sent me is not enough. Therefore we are putting more money in my savings.

Comment

My mother sends me money through a wire transfer from her bank account to my bank account, and while there is a fee it's fairly small compared to the amount sent... In my case it's more advantageous to send the money in one big lump as the fee is a standard fee regardless of the amount being sent. Best check with your bank and see what kind of fees they charge...
                    So, here you are
                    too foreign for home
                    too foreign for here.
                    Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Working...
                    X