X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling irritated and frustrated....need rant and some advice

deleting post.
    Last edited by gizzyboo; July 4, 2013, 07:07 PM.

Some people love to work and when they can't work it affects who they are as an individual because their job gives them such
    a deep sense of pride an accomplishment.

He's moody because he has nothing to do that is productive. Helping you learn Arabic and lending you moral support really isn't something that he needs to be unemployed to do.

I don't really think this situation is about you.

Comment

I don't understand how you can be angry at him for not wanting to be stuck at home all day. Being home in front of the computer all the time is bad for your health and if you're already depressed can make it a lot worse. Hopefully he's spending some of his time job hunting.

Also, don't hint. Men pick up on social queues much slower than women do. If you want or need something you're going to have to say it plainly.

Being happy to have you doesn't mean he's going to be happy in his life in general right now.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
        I don't understand how you can be angry at him for not wanting to be stuck at home all day. Being home in front of the computer all the time is bad for your health and if you're already depressed can make it a lot worse. Hopefully he's spending some of his time job hunting.

Also, don't hint. Men pick up on social queues much slower than women do. If you want or need something you're going to have to say it plainly.

Being happy to have you doesn't mean he's going to be happy in his life in general right now.
        Ditto this. He probably feels more frustrated being cooped up at home hence his desire to get out without knowing where. I'm not sure how things work in Algeria but maybe he could take copies of his resumes with him when he goes out and distribute them at places he's interested in working at.

If you want him to help out and take more of an active role in the visa process, flat out tell him. Most men are useless at picking up hints and we tend to feel shunned when they're oblivious as to what they've done wrong.

Have a talk with him, throw some suggestions out there and see how it goes.

And...Welcome to the community
        “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

I guess my problem is that all you're telling him to do is help you. The 3 things you listed as suggestions to do "if he's bored" are all "me me me".

How are you helping him? Why did he quit his job? Has he started looking for a new job?

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
          X