How to deal with sadness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jaka View Post
    i had to go to the airport today he was here for 4 weeks and it was amazing. But now its over and the worst thing is that i dont know when i will see him again because the flights are like 1000€ and next year i wont be able to go and he tries to save money so that he can pay a german class and come to germany to work or study here. So it might be 2 years until I see him again. I just feel so incredibly alone! Does anyone have any advice for me, how i might feel better or something.
    You poor thing, I really do feel sorry for you. I hate the alone feeling, but just remember, you're both in the same situation, together.

The only thing I can say is don't think of it as being possibly 2 years til you see him, think of it as you have to do this to have a longer visit. Is there any way possible you can save up money and go for a visit? You never know what will happen in those two years so don't give up hope.

I see you posted 7 days ago, so I'm hoping by now you feel a lot better!

Comment

I think it's nice that even though we all have our different stories, one thing makes us really understand each other. I know this exact feeling. I just got back in the states yesterday afternoon after 6 weeks with my fiance. I quit my job to focus on college and I only have my firefighting to occupy my time right now, which I only do when there's an emergency. So, I'm having a bit of a rough time.

I found that I felt better when I told someone about the different things I did on my trip. I was thinking about the happy moments and the details of the places and the things I did, that I wasn't really thinking about how sad I was. If that makes sense.

Also, getting into a hobby or an interest helps. I've been reading books constantly, cooking new things, looking at recipes, playing games. The other times we went through this, I got really into my classes and worked more hours. It made me happy that I was doing things to help our future.

I don't know if this helps anyone, but I hope it does, and I'm wondering if part of the reason why I wrote this was therapy for what I'm feeling right now haha. It always gets better when you get back into your old routine.

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

Working...
      X