Shopping in Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping in Italy

Ok so I need some suggestions on what to buy in Italy to bring back for the parents and sisters. I don't want to bring the typical trinkets. I was thinking more like slices, wine, cheeses, makeup for my youngest sister cage loves makeup. Maybe some cute cheap accessories.
    sigpic
    Met August 2012
    Official Nov. 18 2012
    Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
    He's visiting April 7-28 2014
    I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

On alcohol, keep a note on how much you can bring back to the US duty-free. Also check to see that you can't buy the wine in the US.

Makeup will probably be cheaper in the US (check the duty-free section of any US airport that you fly through). What about clothing?

Comment

Tooki is right, any kind of discount you may get in duty-free is still more expensive in euros, and the makeup is the same stuff you can get here. Go to a local shop for makeup, if you want to get brands we don't already have.

I'm not necessarily saying to lie on your customs form, but your chances of bringing back a few extra bottles of alcohol in your CHECKED bag without getting caught are pretty good, I do it every single trip You may want to invest in a few of these first though, for safety's sake.

Cheese can be a bit iffy, it would have to be hard cheese, that doesn't need refrigeration.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
      X