New Member... Me Seattle Wa. Him U.K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member... Me Seattle Wa. Him U.K

Hi everyone, Im new here didnt know where else fit to post a hello to everyone. I am in Seattle my BF is in U.K so international seams to fit I guess.

We celebrated 8 months today! Met a year ago when I was traveling for work, he worked at the school I was touring (i am studying to be a teacher) and my computer broke and he fixed it, we became instant friends, ive never laughed as hard as I have with him since we met. Spent the rest of my time (what free time I had) together and said we would keep in touch once I left. I left for home (USA) and we kept in touch and it progressed until December 2012 when we said can we really do this from long distance? and we took the leap.

We have long term plans for him to move here in Jan 2015 due to his work commitments and contracts. He is scheduled to come visit again March 2014 and I him this coming December. Not nearly enough but I am a mom of two and its hard to travel so far away and he with work cant get more than a few days off at a time and with 2-3 days travel time its just until lately not been worth spending $$$$ to spend like 2 days together, but lately its more and more worth it as its harder and harder to be apart.

But...we are committed, very much in love and so far dealing with LDR stress as it comes and its making us stronger as we work through it so thats all good! We have our issues like any couple, and any LDR especialy so always looking to meet people who kinda get it or at least dont judge.

Looking forward to getting to know more members!

Kristen (Aka Krissy)

Welcome! I can imagine it would be extra tough with having children, but it sounds like you two are finding ways to work things out! All the best!
    1st, 2nd, & 3rd Dates: Nov. 2009
    Separation/Online "Friendship": Dec. 2009 - Feb. 2012
    1st Visit: March 2012
    2nd Visit: May 2012
    3rd Visit: July 2012
    First I love yous: August 2012
    Next Visit: Hopefully this winter!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome, Kristen!

Comment

Welcome! We have several members here that have children, you should fit right in
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X