Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fiance is moving in with his best friend...who is an exgirlfriend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care if this makes me sound insecure or what have you but: 'hell to the no!" lol sorry but it's true. I would not feel comfortable with it at all and would not put up with it. Kudos to those that are fine with it but there's no way I would be, I'd like to think my bf would have more respect for my feelings than to do that
    ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

I know this has been settled but I just want to add something from the other perspective. I lived with my ex before coming to stay with my SO. We are still friends as well and nothing ever happened there (since the relationship ended). Though, I moved in with him while we were still together and just didn't have the means to move else where, I didn't do so after starting the relationship with my SO. I was honest with my SO about the whole situation and let him know anything that he wanted to know as well as anything that I thought he should know just to keep him from getting upset or worrying over something that really was nothing. If they honestly are just friends then there intentions were probably innocent enough and they just didn't think that it would upset you. I'm glad everything has been worked out though. ^_^;
      "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
      This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
      Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Originally posted by XxFranticLovexX View Post
        I know this has been settled but I just want to add something from the other perspective. I lived with my ex before coming to stay with my SO. We are still friends as well and nothing ever happened there (since the relationship ended). Though, I moved in with him while we were still together and just didn't have the means to move else where, I didn't do so after starting the relationship with my SO. I was honest with my SO about the whole situation and let him know anything that he wanted to know as well as anything that I thought he should know just to keep him from getting upset or worrying over something that really was nothing. If they honestly are just friends then there intentions were probably innocent enough and they just didn't think that it would upset you. I'm glad everything has been worked out though. ^_^;
        I agree with this. I think it's entirely possible to live with an ex and have nothing happen or be inappropriate. I get that some people are more jealous than others, but if they can travel together and nothing happens, and live together while travelling and nothing happens, and they're the easiest option to save money when right now the only option is going from hotel to hotel... Eh. I'm not saying I would love it, but I am saying that if they have a familial relationship, I'd do my best to try and understand it and deal with it between the time they were gone and the time they saved up enough money to come back. I'm glad it ended up working out in your favour, because it sounds like you would have resented him no matter what in that situation, but sometimes people can't see why someone else would be bothered by something so innocent because it really is that innocent. I have a friend I'm that close to who I could likely sleep in the same bed with and not experience any problems based on the nature of our relationship. I get that we all have different limits, but try and understand that he probably didn't see this as inappropriate because nothing would have ever happened in a million years, and if he's this close with his ex, that's something you'll need to reconcile since you're now engaged.

Comment

Phew! Thank goodness this has been resolved and more importantly, he respected your feelings enough to make the changes that needed to be made. Before reading your latest update, I was going to reply with only 2 words: HELLS NO!

Comment

To the above posters who were in favour... I understand he was innocent in his reasons, & yes it is my limit, I wasnt comfortable with it, call it a gut feeling,, intuition or just something I would never consider doing in reverse. But I appreciate your response, Im sure he would agree with you.

Comment

I was still living with my ex who was a very good friend (until recently no thanks to him siding with his gf now), for most of the relationship I have had with my SO for similar reasons to what you SO is saying. It is easier to share and not everyone wants to move in with strangers. I can tell you first hand right now, it's incredibly awkward. We only lived together during that time because it was cheaper for us, and other such reasons. There was nothing romantic between us, neither would take the other back. We had our time. 4 years. But it's not for everyone. His gf ended up being really jealous we were in the house together before I left to see my SO and my SO didn't like the idea either. We've since parted ways, but even now there are still issues with my ex's gf hahahaha. She thinks she can make me her friend and force him to not be friends with me, after knowing him 8 years. But ah well. Lesson learned. In either case, you're not being unreasonable. You have every right to feel that way, but understand it from both sides.

Comment

Working...
              X