I'm home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm home

I'm back from 11 wonderful days in America and just have that horrible empty feeling

I'm sorry
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks, I'm sure I'll be ok in a few days when the work routine restarts. Trying to get to sleep without him plus jet lag is currently tough!

Comment

Jet lag is awful, especially if you have to dive right back into work. I feel for you!

Hugs and I hope you feel better
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

big hugs, maybe some sleeping pills to get you back on track?

Comment

Well it took one day at work yesterday to tire me out enough to finally get some decent sleep!

I really had such a wonderful time in America, I met all his family and his best friend and we just all clicked; I was worried about meeting them all but like when I met him back in April it was like I already knew them. I ate lots of good Southern food, saw lots of churches.....wow the South of America has LOTS! We did a couple of touristy things, I shot one of his friend's guns as being a shy retiring Brit I'd never done that before

Most of all the best thing was just spending lots of time with him, cooking, shopping, watching movies, lounging around, it was amazing and I really didn't want to leave. It was a good job I left my daughter at home so I had a good reason to come back. The whole trip definitely confirmed how much I want to spend more time with him and it's left me feeling incredibly confident that will happen. The next step is for him to come here as soon as he has saved up some money, hopefully just after Christmas is when we're aiming for and then once he's visited and decided if he can live here we'll start the whole Visa process. He says he'd come and just stay but I want him to at least visit the country first!

We took lots of photos but they are all very silly..... here's the most sensible one of us.....

Then things started to go downhill...

Last edited by 80anthea; August 31, 2013, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X