Short Periods Of Time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Periods Of Time...

My LDR is really far..... I live in Pittsburgh and He lives in New Delhi... so the time difference is really difficult to get around but we do our best. We get little bursts of time where we can talk for hours but now that classes have started again I cant stay up til 1-2 am for him to get home from work and he usually falls asleep waiting for me to get done with class or work... so we try to make the best of what little time we have to talk to each other. This time crunch is still fairly new to us since it mainly started once i started classes at college and he started a new job that puts him in a better shot to get a visa, were used to being able to talk at all hours of the day or night. Tickets to and from Pittsburgh and Delhi are super expensive ($1,300 is the cheapest we have been able to find so far) so were talking about maybe just planning a vacation to somewhere in europe thats halfway for both of us.... but it wont happen for a while...
    Does anyone have any ideas for making the most of what little time we have through out the day to talk? We want to talk as much as we can but since its not that long its essentially become boring everyday exchanges of the same little bits of information.... we need help!

I would stick to emails or letters if you wanna be romantic. Then you always have something to look forward to and you don't have to wait to tell each other something. You could even make him cute LDR care packages. Nothing major but something to let him know you're still going the extra mile. Even a postcard if you go somewhere new or from your hometown if it says missing you or wishing you were here. I think it's the little things that make it special.

eta: Also, if you have the capabilities of this, you can make skype video recordings on your laptop. I'm pretty sure skype does that and if not, I'm sure there's some computer program that will do that. Then you can send video messages back and forth.
    Last edited by jessym; August 30, 2013, 12:23 AM.

Comment

I think you should set some dates for talking to each other - let*s say 2 days/ week (I know it*s little when it comes to love, but sometimes lilttle means much), like Saturday (it*s weekend so you will not get very busy and you will have the time and the earning to talk to each other) and also another week day that you both decide (a weekday when you are not that busy). For the rest of the week you can just e-mail each other to keep in touch ... I hope this helps!

Comment

Like Alizee said you're going to have to schedule time for each other so that you have some sort of structure and it doesn't seem like he's always falling asleep on you or you're having to drag it out to stay up for him. You'll both be refreshed and anticipating together-time where you plan things to do together while you talk. With college and work you're probably going to manage a day or two at the most but you can email each other or look into free texting apps that will allow to send off a short note every now and then. Twitter lets you text for free, my ex and I used to use that a lot although the limits can be quite bothersome.
        “The ties that binds us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance and time and logic; Because some ties are simply… meant to be.” - Grey’s Anatomy

>Little Box<

Comment

Working...
        X