Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Invitation letter

Hey all,

Have any of you had to write an invitation letter to help get you SO a visa into the US? Any suggestions on how to do this? I have seen a couple of samples but I also have been to to be cautious about writing anything that may make the embassy think he'll stay because of the relationship. He has to prove to them that he we go back home. Any advice or samples?

Thanks!

In my opinion, an invitation letter isn't necessary and probably means very little in the eyes of most consular officers. Like you said, it could even hurt your case, so I feel like it's best to leave it out.

Your SO is better off focusing on gathering as much evidence that proves strong ties to his country. That is what will get him approved.

Comment

Where is your SO from? Maybe he can use the VWP!
      https://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/w...hout_1990.html

Other than that: I agree with mllebamako that he should try to gather information like being enrolled in college, mortgage or that he has a job in his country!
      A letter like that could make the officers think he wants to stay. I never mention my relationship when I'm being questioned.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
      X