Birthday Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Birthday Present

my birthday is coming next month, SO asked me what i want for my b-day told him to "surprise me coz i dunno what kind of gift is proper to ask for...

girls, what would you answer if your SO asked you that?
    and guys, please tell me what you'd like to buy for your SO on her b-day.

SO is so persistent to know and he's telling me we will discuss about it on weekend

TIA

I'm not good with decisions so when ANYONE asks me what I'd like I don't know what to say. I think the thing with me is that I would be happy with most anything someone got me, even if not initially.. it's the thought that counts and most things can always have a use, whether that be actually using it or having it somewhere to look at all the time because it reminds me of them.

With my SO, he much prefers and likes to give, as well as receive, practical gifts. I get a bit sentimental at times and want to send or receive something cutesy and so he sometimes does that (like the keychain he got me with a picture of him in it), and he has gotten me many practical gifts, from a food processor, to a Vitamix (really good, and expensive, blender), and other things in between too.

Maybe it would work if your SO picked a few things he thought you might like and then showed you and asked you what you thought of them, and that would help his decision? I also know most of the time my SO will ask me if I like something before he buys it. There were a few times he surprised me, but he will usually give me a hint. He likes driving me crazy with wondering what he's got me though. He surprised me with ordering roses from a shop in my city and contacting my mom to pick them up and give them to me. That was for my 21st birthday.

Comment

I always tell my SO what I want if he asks.

Comment

I never really know what I want ... I usually feel like I have everything I need, so no matter what he decides to get me, I'll always like it ^_^ So I usually just tell my S.O to give me a surprise, and it's the thought that counts more than anything ^_^ If you guys wanted to, you could always make up a "wish list" and share it with one another? Like, add to it when you see something that you like so they'd have some ideas and you wouldn't be "telling" them what to get you, they'd get to choose ... ^_~

Comment

The things I love most are the hand made ones, even if it is just a birthday card - it shows that the person actually cared to take their time and and think about it, and do something that takes personal effort for me, and that means a lot in my eyes So when I make gifts I may buy something but I try to make something crafted with my own hands, be it the postcard or the present itself

Comment

i also tells there are so many things i like and all can be very simple bepending on ones imagination but yeah the things they made them self are more wurth in my eyes even if it is just a simple card as long as they put some effort in it (in case your wondering what i want stuff to make jewellery, cab's beads, glass just about anything lol, pebble from the beach would aslo work for example)

Comment

I always have a hard time deciding as well. If I can't think of anything I just tell him to buy perfume he thinks smells nice for me or an outfit he would like on me
              ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Working...
              X