Taking A Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking A Break

Hey guys, this is my first post here as I've been lurking but something happened today that I just need to tell...someone.

For two weeks now, we've been barely talking even though I've been awake early and up late. Several days ago he messaged me saying we need to talk and that talk finally occurred today. He told me he's had a lot on his mind, including his feelings toward me and our distance. I love him and he's told me the same but this crazy 12 hour difference has finally taken it's toll, so it seems. I know this was desperate of me but I told him i don't mind being the one to sacrifice, though he told me it was unfair and that he wasn't okay with it. He suggested we take a break and as of right now, it's an indefinite one. I have tickets to 'meet' him in Singapore in several months but ...yeah. If I can somehow salvage this relationship, what are some tips and advice you guys have for me? (About the break and after)

I'm sorry this was all over the place, I'm still a bit iffy as you can tell.

If you have the tickets..wouldn't it be a waste if you didn't use it? ..would you regret it if you didn't? Even if you went just to travel and casually met up with him.
    Maybe you could just be friends for now, and keep talking and then when the time comes to go to Singapore, see what happens?

Comment

I agree with the Sweetie above me.
      Use the time between now and Singapore to focus on yourselves, and evaluate what you guys want, what you can handle etc. It'll also give him time to miss you. Cool off a little with communication, but stay friends.
      Then meet in Singapore, and go from there.

I wish you all the best of luck and my thoughts are with you two
      Good Luck! xo

Comment

Thank you guys so much. I do still plan to use my ticket to Singapore but I'll cool down on the communication and when I'm there.. you never know what will happen

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

My SO and I were together for 3 years and have ended things. We still talk daily and I am studying abroad in Scotland for a semester next fall but we are not together now.. A break can maybe give you both time to assess what's important. I love the guy I was with but I also respect that he says he needs "life experience" for the year while he's in Australia. It gives him time to see what he wants and I want him to have the space to do that. I'm a firm believer that if things are meant to be they will. I still hold on to the possibility of getting back together but at the same time you don't want to only focus on it. Let whats meant to be happen. Love always has a way of making two people come together or in your case back together. Just hold in there dear and know it will all work out one way or another. Love can conquer distance. It's proven every day on this site! That's one of the reasons I stuck around

Comment

Working...
            X