SO's family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO's family

Does anyone else feel like a secret? Just recently my SO told his sister about me but he is afraid to say much more because of course I am American, and you know how those American girls are..lmao j/k....but seriously I have a son and he is afraid to say anything to them so we find ourselves waiting and waiting for his sister to leave just so we can talk. Anyone else have these sorta issues?

I'd say seeing as how he lives in India where there still are a lot of arranged marriages I'm not surprised he hasn't told them about you. It can be quite a scary thing. I dated a guy from India when I was in grade 9, his mother referred to me as the white whore girl that was corrupting her son.

Comment

Yeah and imagine what they would say about a unmarried girl with a son

Comment

I know I am not a secret because I have been to his house a few times. But I do notice he tends to tell as less as possible to his mom (where he still lives.) When he booked a flight with me to Holland he didn't tell his mother for a looong time and I am pretty sure he didn't tell her I am comming over for 3 days next week (coincidence that she is on holidays then, didn't know that when I booked the surprise flight.)
        "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

I am in the same position as you at the moment.
          Sadly, with my SO, there is nothing we can do about it just yet, just have to be hopeful for the future.

Comment

My SO is really quite open about me.
            Last time I visited him, I was dragged to a dinner with the extended family.
            Not that i'm complaining, but I did find it more than a little intimidating :S
            I've introduced my SO to a few of my extended family also, but not all at once.

As it stands, i'm more private about our relationship than he is.

Comment

I was a secret the first few months. The parents of my SO had been my host family in Japan, so they knew about me, just not that I was dating their son. Though I think his mother and sister knew from the start.
              I'm not sure why it was a secret actually. Maybe we wanted to be sure about our relationship before complicating things. Beside in Japan people don't really talk about their love life to their parents. Often when they decide to introduce their boyfriend or girlfriend it's because they intend on marrying them in a very very near future.
              I wish you the best on your relationship. India is not an easy culture to get into.

Comment

Working...
              X