Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need some advice and another point of view

Hey there,
    I really need to someone who can understand me because none of my friends does..
    I am living in germany and I felt in love with a guy in cape town while I was visiting my sister who is actually living in cape town. . He is in cape town for an internship until February. . We had the most beautiful days but he said to me that he don't want to be in a relationship while he's in cape town because he want to experience everything without having obligation. . I don't know if he really care about us when he is saying this
    He said he want to keep the contact and try to build something up when he is back in the Netherlands..
    Today I asked him if he miss me.. and he answered that he does but he noticed that it is getting less if we write every day because then he doesn't has the chance to miss me. .
    I don't know what to think about that
    It feels like he wouldn't care..

What do you think? Do you have made the same experience ?

It sounds like he probably does like you, but he was very clear about keeping his options open, too. There's no reason to think he didn't mean it. Guys keeping their options open most likely won't want to talk with you every day, that's not what he's looking for right now, so you have to decide if you're OK with that and decide if you're willing to stick around until he's ready to be exclusive. Give him the space to miss you, back off and see where things go from there.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

"If we write everyday I miss you less because it doesn't give me the chance to miss you."
      Now, I know everyone's different, but this would definitely hurt my feelings.

It seems like you're sincerely interested, so I'm going to assume that you do want more than what he's willing to give. He probably likes you, sure. But not enough, you know? Are you willing to settle for that?

Comment

I think it's a very new relationship and that he's not invested yet. He's not ready or willing to just settle down with you in a LDR. He cares, but not very much. He has a very relaxed attitude towards where this may or may not go.

My advice would be to not put all your eggs in one basket. Stay friends with him if you're keen, but don't pass up another opportunity for him because he's not going to do that for you.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
        X