Uncertain Future, In Need for Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncertain Future, In Need for Advice!

My story: my bf and I met at university and have been together for about a year now. After graduation, both of us have now returned to our respective countries with roughly 1300 miles apart. He's now currently working which involves a bit of travelling around as he is helping his dad's friend's company while I'll be leaving in a week's time to the West to study my master's degree. We do whatsapp but sometimes I feel frustrated and couldn't comprehend how could he be so busy to the point that sometimes he doesn't leave me a whatsapp message at all. I was hoping that in a way, that he'll leave me a morning and night message each day. I mean how hard is it to take out 2 minutes of your time to leave a message? On a plus side, he was the one who suggested to video call each other once a week and he usually is the one who asked for the video call (I guess because I'm pretty jobless at the moment while he's working his butt off). I don't know why but I sometimes feel insecure and although I'm a person who don't usually get jealous, there's one problem that's always in my mind: My bf is a tutor to his boss's daughter who comes from the same country of origin as his but the girl is currently away in Aus for her own degree. I know that they communicate via email, whatsapp and sometimes videocall. I do trust my bf but sometimes my instincts kick in and my mind plays trick: what if this girl gets closer to him? Sigh. I don't know what to do! Although we're sort of too young (both in early 20s) to talk about our future (i.e. closing our distance), I've asked my bf before what does he take this relationship as? He said it's a comfortable and seems long-lasting to him, he wants us to work out, said we can settle down together but cannot gurantee if we will have a future.. which sort of broke my heart. Before graduation, I sort of mentioned to him a few times if he wanted us to break-up? But every time I ask about ending the relationship, he would tell me to try LDR and see if we can work out. I don't know what to think.. any words of advice or support, anyone? Hope to hear some voices as it'll help me ease my mind.

I feel like you've posted this before. It seems like he wants to try to make it work, but that he isn't sure that it will. I don't think that's a bad thing. A lot of us here are in LDR's and some with no closing the distance in sight, and I'm sure doubts creep into their mind sometimes (myself included). Even though our feelings are 100% in it and we love our SO's very much, sometimes the reality of distance and time weighs down on a person's mind.

As for him tutoring that girl, there's really no way for you to know if he is cheating or not. All you can do is trust him. If you don't trust him your LDR is not going to work.

Also, I think it's fair to ask for a morning and night text. I have a similar deal with my SO. He doesn't like texting of any kind, so I don't nag him to do so throughout the day. If it bothers you to a certain point, you should really talk to him and just say it would make you feel better to hear from him a few times out of the day.

Comment

Working...
    X