Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What were the first words you ever said to your SO?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were the first words you ever said to your SO?

I thought this was an interesting question. We all have different stories of how we met our SO's, and I'm interested in knowing!

I met my SO on Google+, of all places. We had a mutual friend, and we ended up both commenting on that mutual friend's posts.

A snippet of the conversation:

Him: I love muse (: I'm going to their concert in june (:
    Me: Mmmm, that sounds really cool! Have fun What other artists do you enjoy?

Our relationship sparked from there.

So, what were the first words you ever said to your SO? Let me know.

I remember I copied and pasted the first few conversations I had with my SO, but I've changed laptops since then and I think it's either still on my other laptop or on the hard drive, as I'm transferring things over slowly (by slowly I mean, I kind of stopped at the moment, busy with university work now).

However I can give you the gist of it. We met on AspieAffection.com, which is a friendship/dating site for people with Asperger's Syndrome, or people who suspect they have it.. etc. We first introduced ourselves, he said something about him being a musician, he played guitar and at the time co-ran a small record company and he liked romantic comedies. He ended up getting a movie/actor mixed up when I was talking to him and I was trying to be as nice as possible and say that I didn't think that was it.. he realized I was probably right.. it turns out I had/have more knowledge on Pirates of the Caribbean and Lord of the Rings.. ha. And soon our conversation lead to other ways to keep in touch.. MySpace (he had used it more than me but we both had one), and Facebook.

Comment

Phewwwww... since we started out playing ZPS I think one of the first things I said to him were something along the lines "follow me uncle" or "we have to go this way and then activate the generator", but I do remember the first thing he ever said on his mic and what I said to cause him to say it:
      Me: Here uncle, take some shotgun ammo.
      Him: Thank you!
      Me: You have a mic?
      Him: Yes!! I do!

I can't really remember what the first thing was we talked about on Steam, but I know it was him who started to talk to me, rather than the other way around.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

As if I could remember a forum post from 2006
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

It was on Twitter back in 2010 so I can't retrieve the exact tweets. We had added each other a few months before but never actually talked, just followed each other's updates. We were part of the same social circle and were on a following spree when we added each other. I saw him plug his DJ radio show (that he had on a student station back then) and I thought he must be a celebrity of some sort, cracks me up when I remember it now.

The first time we got to talk was when he joined the conversation I had with our mutual friend, we were playfully mocking each other's profile pictures and for some reason he took it seriously, so he told us both of our pics are lovely and he doesn't see a problem. I thought, wow there's a guy without a sense of humour but we got to small talk a bit from there and I realised he was actually really sweet and funny too. After that we started commenting on each other's statuses more often until we got locked in daily chats, and the rest is history.

Like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on. - Steve Jobs

Comment

A friend introduced us (in real life) so:
            "You are Bulgarian? Wow tell me more!"
            (any excuse to be able to look at here beautiful appearance even more )

Comment

I can't remember the first message we wrote (we met online and we've been friends for a couple of years before meeting and turning it into something more). But the first thing I told him when we met in person was "How was your flight?". I honestly have no idea what he replied though, I was too excited to really listen to his answer ahahah

Comment

Haven't a clue what the first thing we said was, we meet online as friends a few years before we got together.

Comment

We met on a public chat on a Harry Potter site. Can't remember the exact words, but I talked about my music, and she talked about her crafts. Then we ended up on the same facebook group established by a couple of people who used to frequent that chat (I'd like to say I invited her there, but I can't say for sure xD) and there, the first thing I did was not remember who she was xD So we spent a while figuring out where we had met before and then we just kept talking, and now, almost a year later, we're finally to meet for the first time
                  Last edited by Inspirement; September 23, 2013, 07:02 AM.

Comment

This goes back to later in the year Nov or Dec of 2005. I had recently been 'adopted' as mascot of the radio station I was affiliated with. My "norm" was a little gold dragon, but for just hanging out & welcoming people I wore an animated leopard avatar - the eyes blinked and the tail would twitch/swish.. When someone entered the stations palace I'd go into my 'routine'... Here is what I remember of the night I first met my SO.

ME: "Welcome to ******* Palace. Enjoy your time with us and please watch and don't step/stand on my tail..
                    MY SO: no hello or nothing, he just moved his av to stand on my tail..
                    After that knowing me probably something along the lines of "get the h*ll off my tail please.!"

Not in the least romantic but both of us being wise-asses certainly helped in getting over any first meeting awkwardness that might have been there.. I have never been so comfortable with anyone before or since..

*smiles* knowing what I do now, you can "stand on my tail" anytime you like sweetheart!
                    Last edited by AussiesPet; September 23, 2013, 07:53 AM. Reason: fixing my stupidity - yet again!
                    lle mae'r galon yn arwain

sigpic

Comment

No idea, we were just co-workers for years before anything else happened. I'll assume it was something like "hello".
                      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

There's no way I can find our first words exchanged. All I remember is that I didn't want to talk to him and thought he was annoying. The first thing he said to me in person was "Are you just going to stand there or come give me a hug?" and my first words to him, which was before that were "What are you doing?". In a way, it was a lot similar to our first ever text conversation. I was annoyed with him and he was being charming as ever, lol.

Comment

Ours was probably a pretty heated friendly debate over the merits of Stargate.
                          "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                          Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Him: "Would you like to dance?"
                            Me: "Yes"

Comment

"Hi! I'm not usually like this at all, but I really love your shirt, can I give you a hug?!"
                              He was wearing an LGBT rights shirt and I approved...
                              ~~~

Comment

Working...
                              X