Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you and your SO feel the need to celebrate important dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely! We don't celebrate month-i-versaries, other than a quick "Woah 8 months! woohoo! Go us!"
    Birthdays, holidays, anniversary though? Heck yes!

We are a pretty cheesy romantic couple though. Little notes around the house, small gifts for no reason such as bubble bath and bath salts, we are always doing small things for each other. Since we got together I started a little thing where I get random cards, and leave them out for him to come home to.
    It is the little things and celebrating those moments in time that I live for.

Our one year is coming up and I already have a few things planned, including a super awesome care package. I love getting creative.

Comment

Our big thing is every 5th day of the month! We started dating on July 5th, 2012, so we do SOMETHING every month on that day. It's usually a letter or spending more time talking when we are apart. When we are together, we usually go out to eat or go on an overnight trip! It makes me really happy.

a gente se completa neste abraço

Comment

I made him a scrapbook full of pictures and notes about our first year together, but we don't have a specific date for when we got together (it was a bit of an accidental thing...). I just know it's been a little over a year now. I doubt we'll do anything special for an anniversary until we're married and have that date to use.

I like to get him small gifts for his birthday and Christmas, and this year I actually got him one big gift that he really wanted which will probably be his lot for the year. I don't expect or particularly want anything from him, because his financial situation isn't all that stable and I'd prefer he saved the money for our future than he spent it on something for me! Plus this year and next year I'll get to spend my birthday with him, which is all I want.
        London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

We definitely celebrate birthdays and our anniversary. I was there for his last birthday, but other than that we've always been apart. We can't really celebrate when we're LD. A message and a phone call is all we can do. I'll hopefully be there for our 2-year anniversary though.

Comment

Our birthday's are only 6 days apart, so it sort of blends into a birthday week. He's getting less and less excited about being "old" , but we usually send each other small gifts. We're both put off by Valentine's day, so it just turns into an occasion to share our gripes about it Neither of us see the big deal in celebrating an anniversary, nor do we really know when it is.. The only time we really look forward to is Halloween, and I'm hoping we'll be together next October for it!

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

We do, my SO already spoils me, gift wise he's crazy.... (can't complain though... cause i still love it.....) But Anniversaries, birthdays and holidays yes! No monthly ones only yearly ones. But we always do something, with being long distance we make sure to be on for that day, and if were together we do something special. Him more then me, im kinda corny, and I never seem to be able to surprise him. But one day! It's just nice to acknowledge our anniversary to see how far we've come. And I'm corny he makes me feel special on Valentines, and this year is our first Christmas and New year together! Call me corny but I want the Mistletoe, and New year kiss! lol
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

As the female in the relationship, you would have thought I'd be the one getting him to count down to particular dates but it's him. He counted down to my birthday and our anniversary even though it was only 6 months.

Comment

We celebrate birthdays and yearly anniversaries, with gifts and we'll normally set aside some time to be all lovey dovey with each other and watch movies or play games or something. Before we hit a year, we'd occasionally have "date days" on monthly anniversaries, but it wasn't super important, just an excuse to have a special day where we just did things together.
                  "You let me in your heart and out of my head."

Comment

Working...
                  X