Some quick help for travelling to the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some quick help for travelling to the US

Hi, the last time i visited the US, from the UK.
    i turned up at the airport in America with a printed copy of the visa waiver programme authorization i had, and proof i had bought return tickets.
    That was all they needed back in March this year.

I planning on going again soon, around next week.
    And just want to ask anyone if they if anything has changed since earlier this year?
    or is basically the same procedures as before, i.e printing out my ESTA & visa waiver programme thing?

Ive kind of forgotten, thanks

I'm going to take my return ticket, my ESTA and some papers proving that I am enrolled in college and have an apartment here. So far having the return ticket was enough, no one even asked if I had the ESTA

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Ah good then
      Thanks

Comment

The ESTA you did last year should also still be valid. I got one for my SO last year and checked the status of it online at the ESTA website and printed it off for him. They did indeed ask him for his ESTA last year. They have not asked me for my return ticket but one time but if they can, then make sure you have it on hand. The ESTA is supposed to be an electronic waiver so that might be checking online and just not saying anything. I always bring my print out of my E Tickets too, even though they should not need them. One time they could not find my reservation in the system and that print out got me onto my flight. I believe it is always better to be safe than sorry.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I went to the USA 3 weeks ago from the UK and all they wanted to see was my ESTA and my passport, so thats all you should need

Comment

They should have a copy of the ESTA on their computers, unless the computer system goes down like it did when I went over Summer so I'd take a printed copy just in case!

Comment

Working...
            X