Slowly giving up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slowly giving up?

I would like to know your reactions after you went back home. I'm talking 1st visit. Did you get that giving up vibe too? For me it took about 2 or 3 weeks to actually grasp that I am home. I kept waking in the middle of nights thinking he's with me and searching him in bed. For him it was so much easier the way I saw it. He didn't reminisce our times together. He said it's normal for him. He misses me and the place feels a bit empty without me, but that was only 1st few days.

But I have to admit, after 2 months being back it just doesn't feel right anymore. And I want it to be feeling right again, but I don't know how. Like when I think of the possibilities when I could see him again, they're so little. Due to him following the family rule about not being allowed to stay with a girl and because of his only 14 days holiday per year. Basically we have no options. Even if I would come for a month, his parents would not allow him to stay with me.It's a rule in their family and he doesn't mean to break it, he rather gives up, even though he did say he will talk to them, but has no plan "when", could be months from now. He's 26 btw, but age has no much impact here, since they're very religious muslims.

So you see I have no idea anymore how to save this relationship, I'm running out of ideas and I kind of accepted already we're halfway broken up already.
    Even our conversations got dull. He is writing less. Desires me like almost never anymore too, he's even cold at times... He told he he doesn't see a future, because the last night we talked before I left he even was on a way to break up, he said it couldn't work seeing each other once a year for a few days, because it would just hurt more and he doesn0t want to hurt me which of course it wouldnt work seeing each other so seldom, but I am trying to think of something, but with his family in the way, though I think it's more him thinking they would "forbid" him than they actually would.

Note that he will in no way break that rule, he's just giving up and detaching himself day by day. I even suspect he still talks to me only to not hurt me, not because he actually thinks this can still work...

Even I am slowly starting to accept the fact that we may never be able to be together. But I don't wanna give up. I even tried searching for work in their country, but I don't even know where to start...where to start to find a job that would accept the foreigner, or that I would get an apartment there for a few months...I don't know much about those things, so if you guys do and from your own experience I'd require your help. The country is Turkey.

So, that's it...I'm out of ideas, what you think I should do?
    Last edited by innocentbutterfly; October 14, 2013, 06:06 PM.

A relationship takes two people. If it gets lopsided it will fall apart. I would have a hard long talk and see if he wants to keep trying at all. If he is not prepared for what LDRs bring then get out now. Don't move over to his country to try and save a dying relationship. You should only move when the relationship is ready for it and not do it to hope it will get it there. If he loves you enough he should be willing to fight for it and work through the distance. If he does not then this is not the ONE for you and you should stop wasting your time on someone that is not as into you as you are him.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Not to be mean sounding,but is this really a shock to you? After all of the things you posted about regarding your relationship and your first visit are you seriously trying to tell me you didn't see this coming? Especially after tons of people on your thread told you the likelihood of it happening was really good. That man never did nor does he now have an interest in a relationship with you. He got together with you solely because he 'didn't want to hurt you' or it might've even been so he could have something to control. He wasn't man enough and didn't have enough balls to tell you that it wasn't going to work out from the get go. Leave it alone and move on.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
      Back Together: August 1,2012
      First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
      Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
      Engaged: January 17,2013
      Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
      Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
      We Got Married! - July 3,2014
      SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
      Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

well ladydaemon at least I am not stuck with what if's...like I said I already am kind of accepting the fact its over...I guess I'm just waiting him to say it...I'll see how his parent talk goes

Comment

Working...
        X