Foreign terms of endearment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreign terms of endearment?

I was wondering if your SO calls you any strange foreign terms of endearment. 'Mon petit chou' is French for 'my little cabbage'...I think. It's so odd! But very cute.

My SO's family uses mon petit chou as well. I call my boyfriend "chulito" sometimes but usually when we're using Spanish...so maybe it doesn't count .
    ~~~

Comment

I was wondering if your SO calls you any strange foreign terms of endearment. 'Mon petit chou' is French for 'my little cabbage'...I think. It's so odd! But very cute.
      Mon petit Chou reminds me a lot more of a Chou à la crème than cabbage , maybe I'm obsessed

My SO and I use French and Arabic words and a mix of those with Greek. It ends up being a mess but I love it!
      Don't be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.
      And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
      ~Richard Bach

“Always,” said Snape.

Comment

My man sometimes makes up words that he thinks sound german lol Or he calls me his liverdick (that's how he remembers Ich liebe dich lol)

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
        First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
        Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
        Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
        Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
        Married: 1/24/2015
        Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Sometimes germans use animal names like Mausi -Little mouse-, Hasi -bunny-, Bärchen -little bear-, etc.
          My SO calls me Süße -sweetie- and just yesterday he called me "chocolate mouse", but only because I made a mistake while trying to build a sentence in german hehehe.
          I tried to ask him if he wanted some chocolate mousse and I said "möchtest du Schokoladen Maus"? instead of mousse Lol. He laughed and said in german: YOU are a Schokoladen Maus!

Comment

Originally posted by Schlafmütze View Post
            Sometimes germans use animal names like Mausi -Little mouse-, Hasi -bunny-, Bärchen -little bear-, etc.
            My SO calls me Süße -sweetie- and just yesterday he called me "chocolate mouse", but only because I made a mistake while trying to build a sentence in german hehehe.
            I tried to ask him if he wanted some chocolate mousse and I said "möchtest du Schokoladen Maus"? instead of mousse Lol. He laughed and said in german: YOU are a Schokoladen Maus!
            Hehe

And also loved the "liverdick"

Comment

My SO calls me "mein Schatz", which means "my treasure" in German

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
                My man sometimes makes up words that he thinks sound german lol Or he calls me his liverdick (that's how he remembers Ich liebe dich lol)
                LOL!!! That is awesome ^^

Comment

My girlfriend and I use some Finnish terms. :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X