F*cking Customs Staff Grrrr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F*cking Customs Staff Grrrr

I just need a rant somewhere and some of you may understand!

My birthday was last week and the gift from my SO finally arrived today. It has arrived completely torn open and the USB stick (he'd put all our photos and videos on there from the summer and recorded me a message) is missing. Now I know they are just doing their job but I'm still irrationally pissed off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I just cannot wait until we don't have to send things across the ocean to each other.

Oh that sucks! You'd think that maybe they could at least just go through them and if they aren't secret terrorist files just put it back. Does he still have a copy? Maybe he can email you the message? Not the same I know.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
      Oh that sucks! You'd think that maybe they could at least just go through them and if they aren't secret terrorist files just put it back. Does he still have a copy? Maybe he can email you the message? Not the same I know.

I don't think they have kept it (well they'll be thoroughly bored if they have!), what's more likely is that he also sent me a stuffed bear and they've opened the package to check the bear isn't full of drugs or something and because the morons, sorry officials, haven't sealed the package back up the USB stick has probably fallen out somewhere mid-atlantic.

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
        And yes he does still has a copy so he can e-mail them or upload them somewhere, once hes' finished moaning about it and realised I'm worth the effort that is!

Comment

That is really frustrating. Maybe he can use dropbox or something similar to share them with you. At least you still got your stuffed bear, right ?

Comment

I am so sorry this happened to you. I can relate. My ex-LDR boyfriend sent me a ring in the mail when I was still living in my home country, and I had to go to the main customs office in the city, sit in a small room and watch as they used box cutters to open everything in front of me and watch as they opened the envelope containing the letter he wrote me and READ THROUGH IT. They then opened the ring box and the first time I saw that ring was when the customs officer was inspecting it to see if it matched the description written on the packing slip. Ugh!

I hope he sends you the recorded message though! Better getting it late than not at all
            So, here you are
            too foreign for home
            too foreign for here.
            Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

Ugh, sorry! Customs is incredibly annoying, they always go through the packages I send my guy. I sent cookies once, and usually it takes a week for anything I send to get to him, but I guess homemade cookies are sooooooo suspicious, that it took three weeks I can understand some of the reasons, but couldn't they just have the drug sniffing dog do his thing, then clear them? I stick to less interesting things now.
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Ugh so annoying! CR mail system is so awful I just don't get anything at all. My friend once sent me a package that was insured with a tracking number and everything. After 2 months of nothing I went to ask about it and gave them the tracking number. They said "oh that tracking number is only for the USA, it changes when it comes to CR" THEN WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF IT TO BEGIN WITH? They then claimed the USA lost my mail. All of it. I don't have a PO box anymore, as you can imagine.

Also, once flying back from the USA to CR we brought a huge bag of grits in our checked luggage. (Your southern SO will probably know what they are!) We didn't want them to burst open so we wrapped it in a plastic bag with duct tape. We didn't realize until we arrived and saw customs had rifled through our stuff that it totally looked like a bag of cocaine.

Comment

I think I'm just going to stick to ordering things from American companies that deliver. It's not the same as being able to send homemade things though.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
                    Ugh so annoying! CR mail system is so awful I just don't get anything at all. My friend once sent me a package that was insured with a tracking number and everything. After 2 months of nothing I went to ask about it and gave them the tracking number. They said "oh that tracking number is only for the USA, it changes when it comes to CR" THEN WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT OF IT TO BEGIN WITH? They then claimed the USA lost my mail. All of it. I don't have a PO box anymore, as you can imagine.

Also, once flying back from the USA to CR we brought a huge bag of grits in our checked luggage. (Your southern SO will probably know what they are!) We didn't want them to burst open so we wrapped it in a plastic bag with duct tape. We didn't realize until we arrived and saw customs had rifled through our stuff that it totally looked like a bag of cocaine.
                    He describes grits as devil food, I don't think he's a fan!

Comment

We got a load of stuff deleted of a USB we were sending back and forth, but a least they gave us back the USB! and I am glad I never had the balls to put.... ehem... private photos on there!

I'm sorry they suck, but I hope this is just an anomaly. My SO and I sent so many packages between the US and UK and only had that one USB messed with in the space of 2 years.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                      <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                      The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                      <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                      <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                      Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                      Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Dang >.< sorry about that. I know that's never fun. I once tried to send cookies to my SO and Canadian customs ate one of the cookies (I sent 6, there were 5 when they arrived) and kept the package for about 4 weeks =/ I sympathize. I don't send packages to him anymore.

Comment

Working...
                        X