X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Australia to the US

So...new post.

more like an update.

Both our birthdays are in December, i'll turn 17 and he will turn 21.

He means the world to me. Even though we live on opposte sides of the world he's always online and so am I.

I have told my parents about him, they know how much he means to me and how much I need him in my life.

Then there's my ex.

I dated this guy in year 9, so 3 years ago. We didn't last long at all. About 4 months in total. He says he is still in love with me but the thing is-he broke up with me.

Mike (long distance) and I lasted 1 year and 4 months before we first broke up. Then we got back together but it's been really rocky along the way. I do love michael. I really do.

Things have been tough like....he got kicked out of his apartment, he had trouble getting a job, so no internet and we can barely talk anymore. we rarely talk about 5-6 times over days.

I do have hope because his mother is actually engaged to someone from where I am.

I'm in Melbourne in Australia, the guy lives in Melbourne as well. THEY'RE ENGAGED! I'm really hoping that maybe me and Mike will do the same one day.

Have any other people had the same problem or issue? When there is an ex?

I don't quite get what you're asking?
    Are you considering getting back with the ex?

Comment

sort of, it's just the distance would be a lot easier.

Comment

Not with an ex per-say, but I was with another man CD when I met my now husband.

For ages Obi and I didn't officially date because it was so far, we were too young to make our own lives, we were scared... all the things you probably think of. He tried for years to fall in love with a girl back home, to find someone he could love more than me because he didn't want to do long distance.

For me, I didn't want to give up the relationship I was in, even though it was shit, for a maybe with a guy I might never even meet. It was a shit time.

What I can tell you, having lived through that is that it is worth it. And if you both love each other too much it doesn't matter how much you don't want the relationship, or how hard it is, because it's going to happen. And you'll deal with it. Easy doesn't always equal fantastic, you know? Nothing worth keeping comes easily in life.

No where in your post have you mentioned how you feel about your ex. Do you love him? Has there been a gaping hole in your life since the break up? How compatible are the two of you, beyond your geography? If it's a case of "he'll do because he's here" well that's not good enough, and not fair to any of you. If you don't love him back, tell him he had his chance and that you've moved on.

I know you don't get to talk to Mike much, but it's temporary. It won't be forever. You know, when I finally broke up with the idiot-that-came-before I lost my internet and couldn't afford a phone. I didn't have the money for an internet cafe, didn't own a smart phone (actually I'm not certain they were invented yet lol) so I couldn't go to Maccas and sit on the wifi. So Obi and I wrote to each other, snail mail. We wrote every single day, like in those corny movies. We didn't speak for months! And somehow that made us stronger. I wasn't lonely because I knew, out there somewhere, was a little boy who loved me and was thinking of me too. I know, it makes you want to barf hey?

So that's my rambly advice story thing.
        Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
        X