Polyamory across borders - my new boyfriend and my husband

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post

The boyfriend will learn that he will never be legally married to her. But yet they will have their own way of being married in their hearts as part of their relationship.

I understand poly more than most. Differentcountries, have you read "The Ethical Slut"? It's a very good primer on polyamourous relationships
    Yes we have to work within the legal system (so far). I read "The ethical slut", it is ok, I also have "Opening up" by Tristan Toarmino, which I find to be really instructive.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

My question in negotiating this, have you all decided this will be a closed triad? Or is BF able to have a girlfriend where he is?

And if I'm being nosy, tell me so. I'm fascinated with how this works with actual people instead of profiles in books. But I'll check out the one you mention.

There was someone else who popped in here earlier this summer who was poly. But I haven't seen her since. To be fair though, I've been scarce myself. I have to look up her info.

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

https://members.lovingfromadistance.com/showthread.php?17181-Total-insanity!&p=296443#post296443

Here's the other poly person...Red

When we love, it isn't because the person's perfect, it's because we learn to see an imperfect person perfectly.

True love does not worry about the distance between, for the heart and soul travels through one's words

When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.

1 universe, 9 planets, 7 continents, 194 countries, 50 states and 10 provinces...and I had the privilege to meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyGund View Post
          My question in negotiating this, have you all decided this will be a closed triad? Or is BF able to have a girlfriend where he is?

And if I'm being nosy, tell me so. I'm fascinated with how this works with actual people instead of profiles in books. But I'll check out the one you mention.

There was someone else who popped in here earlier this summer who was poly. But I haven't seen her since. To be fair though, I've been scarce myself. I have to look up her info.
          Well, BF is monogamous and does not consider dating anyone else but me. I will not be taking on any more boyfriends. Husband considers getting a girlfriend. So yes, we are pretty much closed (apart from possably something happening with husband) .
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Just wanted to show some support!

Comment

Hey no judgement on my part. I have a friend who does the same and she is perfectly happy. So hey, to each their own. I myself couldn't do it, I'm way too selfish I guess xD. But again, to each their own. I've seen you around. Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Yaaamiii View Post
                Hey no judgement on my part. I have a friend who does the same and she is perfectly happy. So hey, to each their own. I myself couldn't do it, I'm way too selfish I guess xD. But again, to each their own. I've seen you around. Welcome to the forum!
                Thanks! I think people in general are "selfish", we all want what we want! Polyamory can be a bit of work but it comes with its own rewards as well. Like seeing how happy I make my husband when he understands I will be visiting my boyfriend. I enjoy the forum & all you people here

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
                  Just wanted to show some support!
                  Thank you

Comment

I was just wondering (if you don't mind me asking), how do you manage time between work, your husband and boyfriend? It seems you spend quite a lot of the free time with your boyfriend. You husband doesn't feel left out at times, especially in the beginning stages of the relationship with your boyfriend when it's all new, exciting and you'd want to spend most of the time with him?

Best of luck to you! : )

Comment

Hi, I'm also in a polyamorous relationship where one partner is LD (in another country) and I live with the other.

Comment

[QUOTE=ethelynn;324608]I was just wondering (if you don't mind me asking), how do you manage time between work, your husband and boyfriend? It seems you spend quite a lot of the free time with your boyfriend. You husband doesn't feel left out at times, especially in the beginning stages of the relationship with your boyfriend when it's all new, exciting and you'd want to spend most of the time with him?

Best of luck to you! : )[/QUOTE
                        Thank you! And I don't mind you asking .

I spend most of my time with my husband since I live with him and my boyfriend lives in another part of the world, but still the first 1-2 months I spent so much time on Skype with my boyfriend. Husband said he was starting to become a bit irritated because I was skipping sleep, workout and even our weekly date nights to be with boyfriend on Skype, at the same time he loved to see me fall in love and he really likes my bf. I felt myself our Skyping was a bit too much for the three of us and now it is less. In the daytime I am at work, maybe texting with my bf, in the afternoon I am with my husband (and friends, yoga, and so on), in the evening I Skype with my boyfriend a bit, and then I go to bed with my husband. That is most days. When I visited my boyfriend 2 weeks ago I had 4 nights with him. Next month my boyfriend is coming here, I have booked a room in a hotel for him/us, and I will be spening most afternoons with my boyfriend OR both my husband and my boyfriend, and every other night with one of them.

Husband and boyfriend are kind of exited to be meeting each other (they talk a bit over Facebook and sometimes husband joins me on Skype), they are quite similar so I think they will click well. The two of them will even have like a date planned on their own; talking about me over a bottle of whiskey I belive is the plan.
                        Last edited by differentcountries; December 18, 2013, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyKat View Post
                          Hi, I'm also in a polyamorous relationship where one partner is LD (in another country) and I live with the other.
                          Hi, nice that there are more of us

Comment

Working...
                          X