Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First date ideas?

Hey everybody,

I was just wondering, what did everyone do for their first date with their SO? My SO and I haven't met yet, but we definitely want to go do something when I visit him. (Note: We're both very young). Does anyone have any ideas? We're both pretty geeky, but we also have a romantic, sappy side. :3

It's nice to look forward to some things. It makes me feel optimistic. ^^

<3 Lori

Me and my fiance went out to dinner on our first date. Nothing extravagant. Just a date with us alone at a nice Chinese restaurant and then back home to watch movies together the rest of the night.

You might have to have your parents go with you guys,but maybe a simple dinner,going to the movie theater or both can be pretty special. It's all of what YOU make it. Some people go flashier and some just go for simplicity. If the above mentioned can't be done since you all are young and I'm guessing possibly have little or no money,maybe you can just pack up a lunch and go on a picnic together at a park or go to the zoo or maybe your parents (if you don't know how to cook yourselves) can help you guys make a special dinner for each other and then you all can watch movies together after or something. These are just some ideas. Good luck!
    Last edited by LadyDaemon; November 2, 2013, 10:39 PM.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

The first couple days together my mom was with us, but we still managed to have a little of our own time. You really don't need to do much on your first days together. You can just sit on the sidewalk and it's the best moments ever, finally being together. Go for a walk! And one thing I love and im glad we did and he did with me was taking pictures in a photo booth. I love love photo booth pictures, we've done one about every visit he's had here, it's just something to have to look back on. But just hold hands, hug, enjoy the little moments, go to the park and lay in the grass. lol the first visit is one of the bests.
      I love you Nathan <3
      sigpic
      5/25/09 <3

Comment

I think the above posters both have really good ideas. I think the simplest ideas are the best, especially since you two are young and probably don't have a lot of money..

Though even my SO and I who are older than you two, and met for the first time when I was 20 and he was 21, we have never done anything that extravagant. For one, we don't even have much money, and two we both have Asperger's Syndrome and don't like to go out to crazy loud places much! And also we are both vegan so there are not many options to go out to eat. We basically normally just do the everyday things together, which makes them all the more awesome!

I like the picnic or zoo idea as cute simple things to do together, or watching a movie, preparing a meal together, or getting your parents to help you, going to the park, taking a walk, hand holding, and taking pictures together is a must!!!

Have fun planning!! I hope your first visit is great

Comment

Strolls along the water? a meal somewhere? doing something fun you both like (or are willing to try)... I am not much for dates myself, I just like to get physical and I want to runt out screeming if things get too "friendly"... But that again could be just me.

You know each other a bit, what do you like? what do you fantasize about doing? With my first lover I went hiking a bit, or just for walks in the park, bought some trinkets, wrote each other letters, found ot what would be our favourite tv-program together, favourite song, favourite dish and so on. Small sweet stuff. And sex. or perhaps kissing in your case...
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Ice skating? Cinema? Pick nick? Visit some amusement park? The zoo? adventure park (with surfing, rock climbing and other stuff like that?) A game of sports? Concert? Dinner? Walk through a forrest/park? bowling/pooling (dont know if thats a word, I mean that game with the coloured balls and a wooden stick :P )
            Last edited by SJ22; November 3, 2013, 05:51 AM.
            "If you say you can't, you just don't want to"

Comment

I had my SO plan everything because a) he lives there, b) he's the guy and we're old-fashioned sometimes. Anyway, he took me out to eat at a Turkish restaurant, then we went mini-golfing, then we went to see a movie at a drive-in. Oh, and in-between we went to Wal-Mart 'cause I hadn't been there in forever and it was raining so we couldn't go golfing yet.
              Definitely do something in public, though, considering your age and the fact that you haven't met yet. So no movies at his place. Ideas I'd suggest would be having dinner/coffee/ice cream at a café, taking a walk, visiting a zoo/theme park/just a regular park; in any case, something where you have something to do (so it won't be awkward if neither of you can think of something to say) but can also talk to each other. Movies are therefore a bad idea for a first date IMHO, because the only options you have are silently sitting there in the dark, talking and thus disturbing everyone else, or making out (also disturbing everyone else). So unless you're into that, keep the movies for some other time, or -- just don't.
              Good luck!
              first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
              second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

@LadyDaemon: You're right! Not to sound self-centered, but I guess it really is about me and my SO, in this case. Those are cute ideas and I'll definitely give them a thought. Thank you! ^_^

@kiara_silver: Ooooh I love photo booths! I'll try to drag him along. I'm sure I will treasure every moment. Sounds like you had a great first visit!

@squeeker: All of those ideas sound great :3 it's interesting that you guys do everyday things together...I guess finding the joy in simple things is the most satisfying.

@differentcountries: Thank you for those good ideas! I know what he has in mind

@SJ22: So many good suggestions ^^ thank you! And yes, that game is called 'pool'. :3

@Anoulie: I agree with everything you wrote. I have to second you about the movies...I personally think it would be totally awkward and not suitable for a first date. Maybe watching one at his house is a better idea.

Thank you everyone for the kind well wishes and great suggestions!

<3 Lori

Comment

We kept it simple too, it was in my city and there were no plans, so technically I was in charge but I was soooo nervous! he had driven 2hrs to get to me after a couple of long flights to get to my country so we met at a public location and walked a few blocks to a restaurant, neither of us ate much, me because I was feeling shy and him because he was excited haha. We talked for a little and then went to walk around and just talk, by the end of the day we ended up in a cafe with this really comfy couch and we were finally both very comfortable... also exhausted so the night ended early, with a heart melting hug

No movies at his place until you have confirmed in person he is not a psycho and if possible until he has met your parents! is not only because of your age, I was 29 when I met my now husband and as you read I didn't even get in a car with him until it was time for me to go home, our "first date" was about 8-10hrs long. He met my parents the day after when he picked me up to go have breakfast together, a quick hi, nice to meet you and bye that gave my parents peace of mind after seeing him in person. He was 28 at the time.

Comment

Don't do what we did and end up at Panera bread, it was the worst sandwich I'd ever eaten and he keeps joking about taking me back there for all our anniversaries in the future!

Comment

I met my SO at the airport in Helsinki to ride the train with him back up to where I live (it's about 5 hour train ride, depending on which trains you get) so it basically started at the airport, we took the bus to the train station, I bought us lunch, we got on the train, slept for a while on each other between talking, got off the train, into the car and we drove off to my grandparents' place, made dinner, went on to their summer place and hurried down to the beach to see the sunset I had promised him beforehand that I'd take him to see the sunset at the beach, and it was magical
                      We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Working...
                      X