Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visit frequency, plans for future and so on

Hie,

I am trying to come up with some sort of a plan for how often I will see my SO! I will do most of the travelling because even if my work could be more flexible he is really stuck during work season. Financing is mostly on me and for most travels we will also need a hotel. I just came back from my 2nd visit, was very happy that I got to see him sooner than expected and this time together was even better. We were brave at the airport, but after we parted I felt really bad and he did so too (or so he told my husband!). All that is on my mind right now is him, and plane tickets. I used to think it would be good to see each other 7-14 days every 3 months, like easter, summer, fall holiday and Christmas. Then I remembered a friend of mine who says he never goes longer than 2 months before a travelling to his girlfriend. And my SO was sending out hints about weather long weekends could work... When the 2 month mark was soon to be, I was really feeling it, it was so hard. So I checked really well for cheap tickets, got lucky and went a week later! I thought then that every 2 months/6 times a year is a good interval, and doable if including weekend trips. But now that I have just seen him, I think 2 months it is too long to stay apart! Maybe he thinks so, too... He made a suggestion that will make him come here more like in 1 ½ or 1 month. I have discovered a cheap company (around the 1/5 of my monthly income, or cheaper). We have worked out the cheapest accomondation in our respective cities. I will buy a year round travel insurance. I have gotten super stingy on money, cutting down costs wherever I can. So, do you think it is doable to see each other as often as once a month, us living in different parts of the world? Or perhaps it could be a combination; I could travel less often during summer because then he will be working anyway and also I will be able to stay longer when I go (Then Jan, Feb, March/April (perhaps all Easter), May, July (for 3 weeks), Sept, Nov, Des (for longer because of Christmas/New year). What do you think?

Possably we could spend a couple of years having such regular visits. A work buddy of his has been engaged several years (5, I think) with no certain plan of relocation. We could always exchange rings…. and then just fly in whenever we could.

Another possibility is him coming here to stay semi-permanentely from November (when his season ends) and start studying at my city’s university in January 2015 (possably Norwegian language or something similar to his Turkish business studies). Then we would have to start applying already before summer. It could be like a trial relocation…. He has friends in my country; old work buddies and their Norwegian wives and also people he met during his work years. I am lucky that my husband and my boyfriend are the best of friends... If he came to live in my city we could see what a life together would be like, and also how the three of us could function together (although I will start splitting my time between them already in January). I don’t know if that will be too soon? But I somehow feel that things should be going somewhere. I plan to start a career and am not sure if flying back and forth will be doable forever. I am not getting any younger and so if we wait more than a couple of years before relocation it may be harder to start having children. His studies could come in handy, too, because we can not marry to ease his relocation.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

If you are able to figure out between money and time off work how to visit between every 1-2 months, go for it! I'll be jealous, haha. I'm the sole contributor to my trips to see my SO (and he can't really come to me) so I'm trying to figure out every 3 months or use that as my goal. Honestly, the first 3 month stint apart (August 22-Nov. 20) was really difficult for the first 2 months and then the 3rd month was just countdown, so while it sucked to be apart, that constant: "1 day less!" would be in my mind and keep me excited.

I like your idea of his studying in Norway if it works with his studies. Like you said, a "trial relocation" and I don't think January 2015 would be too soon - that'll be over a year of dating and it's not a permanent relocation but something that can be extended. Best of luck everything!
    When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
    no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Working...
    X