My LDR Story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LDR Story

I’ve had a bunch of questions about mine and Cesar’s story, so I figured I would write it all out for everyone! So, in June I was in Peru on a mission’s trip. It was our first day there (June 22nd) and we were having an outreach in a park in Angamos. We were setting up the stage and doing a bunch of things to prepare. I was finishing unloading the bus when this guy just walks up to me. I saw some of my friends talking to him, but I didn’t know who he was. He came up to me and said “Hello, please let me introduce myself. My name is Cesar, nice to meet you. What’s your name?” I was so taken back by the fact that he spoke English that I almost just didn’t respond, lol, but I told him my name and we talked a little bit. I thought he was really attractive, but I wasn’t in Peru to find a boyfriend, I was there to serve God and to help people, so I didn’t want to lose focus. We had the outreach and went back to the hotel and I saw that he had sent me a friend request on Facebook. I added him and he sent me a message, just a simple hello. I’m not going to lie, my heart definitely fluttered when that happened I told him that I wanted to get to know him and we agreed to become best friends instantly. He sat by me on the bus the next day and we talked for a long time about literally everything under the sun. We discovered that we had so much in common, especially our taste in music. It made me so excited to hear him say that Skillet was his favorite band….I almost died. Some of the other people on the team noticed that we were talking a lot and they said that we would be a cute couple and things like that, but again, I didn’t want to lose focus on my purpose of being there…so I didn’t think much of it. That quickly changed, though. Every time I would see him, I smiled. Even just hearing his name made me so happy. We were always near each other, taking pictures, listening to music, laughing…just being together. It was amazing. It wasn’t until the last day that I was in Peru that I really realized how much I wanted him in my life. We were at the airport about to leave and he was there. He came up to me and gave me the biggest hug ever and kept saying that he would miss me…it broke my heart. He kissed me on the cheek and I promised him that I would contact him as soon as I got back to the states. We were going to security and I turned around and saw him there with my other Peruvian friends and I blew him a kiss. When I got on the plane, he was all I could think about. I didn’t understand why I was so attached to a man I just met who was 6 1/2 years older than me and lived 2800 miles away…but I couldn’t deny how I felt. The flight back seemed so much longer than it was because all I wanted to do was talk to him. The SECOND we landed (July 1st), I turned on my phone and sent him a message saying “We landed”. Almost immediately he responded saying “Hi beautiful!” We had a 5 hour drive home from Miami so I talked to him most of the way there until my phone died :/ For the next few days, I spent a lot of my time talking to him. We exchanged our Skype names and talked A LOT. We never ran out of something to talk about, which I liked. We talked about how great it was to meet and finally I just told him that I realllllly liked him..and he said he felt the same about me! On July 11th, 2013 he asked me to officially be his girlfriend. Of course, I said yes!
    Being so far away from him is absolutely horrible sometimes. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve wanted to just be cuddled up next to him and fall asleep in his arms. It’s hard to not be next to him, but I know that it’s gonna be the most amazing moment when we are reunited next year. I’m so thankful for iMessage and FaceTime. He works during the week and doesn’t get home until 1 AM my time, so we only get to see each other on the weekends, which really hurts but it’s great because we always have so much to tell each other. We have a routine, though, for talking during the week. I send him a message before school, he responds when he gets up, I send him a message when I go to bed, he responds when he gets home. It’s a struggle, but I’m so in love with him. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me.

I’m so lucky to have my best friend also be my boyfriend. He’s perfect in every way and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with him.

That is so cute
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
    X