Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR - Canada and South Korea

Hey Everyone!!

I'm new to this forum and would like to introduce myself and my LDR to the community.
    I live in a small city in Canada called Winnipeg aka Winterpeg lol and like many of you I am in a long distance relationship.
    My other half lives all the way in South Korea and we have been in a long distance relationship going on 5 years.
    Yes, you read that right 5 years.
    We met here in Canada as she was an exchange student from South Korea.
    After she graduated university here she soon went back home.
    We've managed to see each other every year but for only a week or so. This is because she doesn't have a lot of vacation time.
    To people's surprise we rarely speak on the phone or Skype and only chat about ones a week. This is how its been all this time.
    I don't know a lot of people who have an LDR as long as me and that's why I've joined this forum.
    I would like to share my experiences and give advice to anyone who seeks them.
    I know that talking about our relationships and expressing our emotions to the LDR community really helps us all.

I also just recently started a video segment on Youtube called: LDRT - Long Distance Relationship Talk
    This is very new and I have just released the first episode. I basically will talk about questions people have been asking me in regards to LDR. You can search: LDRT on Youtube to watch the first episode.

I'm really glad to join this forum and to lend a helping hand. I look forward to talking to a lot of you.

Best of Luck to everyone!!
    Check out my LDRT - Long Distance Relationship Talk video segment of Youtube. Search "LDRT"

Welcome to the forums, infamy21! And wow, 5 years long distance is something. My boyfriend and I are closing in on 4 years soon, all LD as well.

Married: June 9th, 2015

Comment

Welcome. My LDR is 5 years this spring, I think you'll find several of us in long-term LDR's on here.
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh wow that's long! And yeah I totally can imagine her not having a lot of time, the working hours are crazy here...

Comment

wow I'm totally jealous of you being in Korea right now. Are you working there? I have been doing research to try to find a job in South Korea that's not an English teaching job but I've been reading that it's really tough for foreigners to get non-teaching job there? Since you are in South Korea do you have any ideas of a non-teaching job foreigners can do there?
          Check out my LDRT - Long Distance Relationship Talk video segment of Youtube. Search "LDRT"

Comment

Hi there! Welcome to LFAD! 5 years is a long time, my boyfriend and I will likely end up spending more than 5 years long distance but currently are nearing 3 1/2 years (though we've known each other online longer than that). Also, I wanted to say I have an uncle lives in Winterpeg! lol And my older sister is teaching English to Korean kids in South Korea at the moment!

I don't envy how much time you get to talk, once a week. I don't get to visit my boyfriend that often but at least we get to talk every day so it helps, though of course isn't the same.

I hope you enjoy yourself as a member here and good luck in your relationship and I hope you can close the distance with your partner soon!

Comment

No I'm studying here (about to start writing my master's thesis). Unfortunately it really is very difficult to get a "normal" job as a foreigner here. I think the only real possibility apart from teaching English is for you would be to work for a canadian company that has a branch in Korea and get transfered there. The rules about employing foreigners here are pretty strict. And I don't know if you speak korean, but English isn't really wide spread here, even in high ranking companies, most people likely won't speak English well enough to make working together comfortable (or even possible). One thing that does happen though is that some people come here as english teachers and then open businesses, mostly bars or restaurants catering to foreigners. That's pretty much all I know.

Comment

Working...
              X