Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valentine's present?

Hi everyone!

I know I am asking very early, but it takes time to arrange presents from abroad
    I am just curious, if anyone can give me ideas on Valentine's present for my boyfriend? Or share what you got/gave from/to your bf's in the past?
    Any idea is appreciated! Thank you

I'm right there with you. I just started making my small gift yesterday. I'm making him an explosion box.
    I was thinking waay ahead when I was looking up some ideas on YouTube. that's where i found this idea. I'm going to decorate it how I want to with both our nation's flags and attach some photos of myself and some with us we took together. I might add some sweets and other things I have to think of.

Here is the link to the video I found. If you don't like this one you could look at the other videos they have suggested.

https://youtu.be/IYCUdE_Rtcc

if the link doesn't work, just look up explosion box. It's pretty cool
    sigpic
    Met August 2012
    Official Nov. 18 2012
    Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
    He's visiting April 7-28 2014
    I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

Check out the gift ideas section and old threads, theres usually a ton of great ideas there
      We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

Yes, as Alsfia said, check the gift ideas section. I bought a rather large Christmas cookie tin on clearance and baked a whole batch of chocolate cookies, as well as a homemade card, and some dried fruits and nuts he likes. It already arrived (only took 2 weeks in the mail) to get to Guatemala. I figured earlier is better than later, as I was expecting it to take at least 3 weeks. The only downside was it cost more than seems reasonable for a food package. Just make sure to research best shipping methods. It seemed reading a bunch of different commentary that the average for international packages takes two weeks unless it's rush order. (That could change depending on country)
        When two hearts are meant for each other, no distance is too far,
        no time is too long, and no other love can break them apart.

Comment

Thanks to some wonderful advice from members here after I was disappointed with Christmas, my SO and I talked about Valentine's and what we would like to do. He and I have set a limit on the dollar amount of gift and will mostly do something thoughtful, something that connects us in some way. Our first visit was at a beach, so I am thinking about sending him one of these: https://www.invitationinabottle.com/...fteternity.htm.

It's on sale for $25. I have written him a poem as well that fits our situation, and we will send each other a special email that day, too. We are planning on having a Skype dinner date and a Skype sleepover near Valentine's Day, too, but we might not be able to do it on the actual day.

I hope all of you get some reassurances of love on that day.

Comment

Working...
          X