I guess persistence DOES pay off!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess persistence DOES pay off!!

I am so excited because I FINALLY got my SO (who doesn't like small talk and believes if you don't have anything impacting to say, don't say anything) after 2 years to start texting me goodnight to me every night before he goes to bed and send a good morning text to me when he wakes up. I have to say to me that is normal but when we first got together he thought I was suffocating him by asking that! I just feel like it's a win for our relationship. It shows that if you stick through for love and just keep insisting on what you want, it will come.

I am glad that I waited it out. I think we are growing together. We were SOO different in the beginning! I think the only thing we had going at first was a strong physical attraction but now..WOW! The cultural differences are now starting to blend together!!

Yey for that!

I think you are right for asking and been persistent.

Comment

Yay, that's lovely. I love happy threads

Comment

That's great. It does take time for two people to learn each other and what the other one needs. My SO isn't much for words, but I relish them; he's learning how important his words of love and reassurances are to me, so he strives to use them. He's getting really good at making me feel loved and appreciated with his words. I'm trying to learn how to show him love in a way he likes, too. It takes work. When your SO does something especially for you, like send good morning and good night texts, you know it's love. Doesn't it make your heart soar?

Comment

Working...
        X