Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Little Story

Hello, My name is Shannon

A Couple years back when I traveled regularly to my birth country Jamaica, I met him through a mutual friend. We didn't hit it off instantly, we actually didn't exchange numbers or anything but (and this is something we argue about anytime it is mentioned) one of us end up requesting the other on fb .. I believe we added me but he says others wise. Anyway we ended up fb friends and I remember we 1st spoke a day before his birthday for the 1st time officially.

At this point I had no physical attraction to him but as time passed we spoke daily. at this time we were in a monogamous relationship of he had relations and I did as well. But anytime I was down, happy, anger he was there, sometimes he didn't know exactly what was going on but he was always there. As I grow older we both came to the realization that we didn't need anyone else. I was for him and he was for me .. and since then we have been completely monogamous.

I must say that the distance gave us the opportunity to get to know each other.. I feel like he has helped shaped me into the woman I am today. I found out that everyone else that I "liked" just weren't for me with my personality I need someone that was calm and collective but was able to stand their ground ..however its not all good .. the constant lonely feeling even tho you are in a relationship. Sometimes we have disagreement for nothing really from the build up tension of not being able to see each other. At this point we are both over the distance. we do have plans of him relocating but he has to finish his degree first.

I'm now trying to saving up on Fundme to make my next trip to see him, it would be a birthday/ anniversary celebration.

any questions please be free to ask me

Hi, Shannon Welcome to LFAD Thanks for sharing your story.

Comment

Hello and welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I've always loved the idea of Jamaica and would love to visit. I'm always joking to my SO that we should run off to Jamaica! Of course, being American, I have to support the US teams in the Olympic first, but I'm really pulling for the Jamaican bobsled team; I've been watching them on FB.

I'm sorry you are having a hard time with the distance. It does make it tough. Hopefully, you can find support to help you here on the forum. There are some great people here.

Comment

Working...
        X