LDRT - Being faithful in a LDR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDRT - Being faithful in a LDR

Hey Guys, i'm back again with another LDRT video. For this LDRT I talked about being faithful in a long distance relationship. People would assume right away that because we are in a LDR there is a big chance we would be unfaithful to our SO, but I think it's the very opposite. I personally don't know of anyone who's been in a LDR that have been unfaithful but I'm pretty sure it happens. We LDR'ers have a tough relationship but I think we are some of the most faithful people out there in a relationship. I explain more of my thoughts on this subject in my video. Just search "LDRT - Being faithful in a LDR" on Youtube and watch away. I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on this topic. Thanks and enjoy the video!!
    Check out my LDRT - Long Distance Relationship Talk video segment of Youtube. Search "LDRT"

I can't say for a fact that people are more faithful in LDR's because it really depends on a person! If you truly love someone, you will not cheat. To me, it's as simple as that.

Comment

I think LDRs are BOTH the best and the worst. The best because we endure and are patient, and the worst because the distance tend to make small disagreements flare up and miscommunication can turn ugly. If you can avoid suspicion and being hurt by the distance itself, LDRs can be the most wonderful thing.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I completely agree with you on this.
        Whenever I mention I'm in an LDR, the first thing people ask me is if I trust him......
        oh and if I think he's cheating on me
        People really do automatically think that couples in LDRs cheat easily, probably for the fact that they feel like neither of us would find out if we were unfaithful.

Couples in close relationships probably cheat a lot more, I am always hearing stories from people I know about lying and cheating to their bf/gf.

I know my relationship is strong, because we both want to make this work, so we both put a lot of effort into making it work.
        sigpic
        Met August 2012
        Official Nov. 18 2012
        Visited him in Italy August 8 2013
        He's visiting April 7-28 2014
        I visited: Aug. 26-Sept. 25 2014

Comment

Yeah good video. I think that it is silly that a lot of people think that someone in an LDR is more likely to cheat. Because as you said, people who make the decision to be in an LDR with someone make it because they want to be with that person and typically that a strong commitment, because otherwise why would they do that to themselves.

Though I guess just like ANY relationship, closed distance or not, people do end up cheating but I don't think it's any more likely in an LDR than a CD relationship! Though I've been pretty lucky and haven't run into many people that think that I would cheat on my SO or he would cheat on me. Most people I tell our story too and that we are long distance say it's cute or I had one coworker who was amazed by it and how long we had been in one because she knew it must be hard. Most people say they can't believe how we do it.

Comment

As hard as we have had to fight to be together, there would be no point at all, no temptation to cheat on each other. Why do something that would only hurt each other, and mess up our relationship. We have put a lot of effort and time into this, and want it to last.

I think that even with all the hardship, loneliness, and complications of a long-distance relationship, it can make us stronger, more protective, and more faithful. But both need to really want it, and be willing to work things out together. And, one lesson I have learned the hard way, don't let other people's opinions get to you, don't take their advice when they say it's not going to work, don't listen to them when they say you should move on and find someone closer to home, and above all don't allow them to make you feel dumb, naive, like a loser, or doubtful, and don't let others put ideas into your head about not trusting someone you haven't met.

It's OUR relationship, not theirs, and we wouldn't be in this relationship if both of us didn't have pretty strong feelings for each other. We love each other. We are best friends. We want it to work.
            Last edited by AussieAmericanGirl66; February 17, 2014, 12:52 PM.

TWO HEARTS BEATING AS ONE, LOVE BRIGHTER THAN THE SUN...

Nothing Can Keep Us Apart, Safe In Each Other's Heart

Comment

I've been in a LDR for 6 months now, and I can say I've never been tempted to be unfaithful. The distance is difficult, but I don't have any desire to step outside of my relationship. I made the decision to be in a LDR, I knew, to an extent, what I would have to deal with. And I like to think that the time and effort put into this will pay off in the end, when there is no distance.

Comment

Working...
              X