Hope at last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope at last!

I've been struggling a lot with things since my SO left, well we both have. He was here for a year and the decision to leave wasn't an easy one for him, but he hadn't finalised anything at home so he went back at the end of October last year. Since then, we're supposed to have been saving up money so that he can return on a fiance visa which costs $3000 plus flights, around $2000. Except I live on my own so saving anything after paying bills is difficult, and he's been having trouble finding work. His parents are selling up their house and moving back up north (from Florida) so he will fairly shortly be forced to find a place of his own as well. So basically, I never thought we were going to be able to save up anywhere near enough money before the end of this year.

However, his parents have done a wonderful thing and offered him $5000 to help him get back here so that we can finally, officially start our life together. It's been really difficult up until now and I really had no confidence in our ability to make the money, but now that they've done this for us, I have so much hope again and it's a feeling I haven't had in a long time. Things felt so hopeless, but now everything that we were actually hoping for is actually a possible reality. And it feels amazing I know we still have a lot of work to do and will still try to save as much as possible, but now we can actually get the VISA process going, knowing that we actually have the money to apply for it.

I'm just so excited for this whole long-distance thing to be over already :P It's about time, lol.
    Last edited by BlueCat; April 8, 2014, 07:01 AM.
    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
    First met: June 13th 2006

That's great! I'm so happy for you! I always thought how sad it is that something like money is forcing people to be without their loved ones... It's great that your SO has parents like this

Comment

Oh, I thought Norwegian visa prices were stiff...So glad the parents could help!
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Oh that's so nice his parents could help! I hope everything else goes smoothly now!

Comment

Thats great! reading this gave me hope My SO left because of visa stuff and is applying for another one. It is a long wait. But knowing that there are people with the same situation well kind of cheers me up

Comment

wow..the costs are crazy. I am really glad to hear you got a break Good luck with the visa process

Comment

Thanks so much guys It's really the pick-me-up I needed for our whole situation. It's still going to be a bit of time to get everything sorted for the application etc. But at least we will soon be well on our way.

Comment

I figured I would post in here instead of starting a new thread :P

My SO is pretty much moved in with some friends of his now, with basically bare minimum possessions. His parents have to be out of their house by the 30th, so yesterday he finished packing up things and getting rid of things, and his entire room was emptied of absolutely everything except his mattress. So he's pretty much just living at his friend's place now, with his last remaining things and the things that he'll be bringing with him when he moves over here. The few things he didn't get rid of are packed up in a couple boxes to go with his parents (though I don't think there's much of that). So I imagine it's been a pretty crazy time for him, having his room just empty and getting rid of most of his things. I can imagine it would have been hard, but I feel like it's one step closer. He's currently working 3 days a week, with potential for that to go up to four and enjoying what he's doing, so we should be good for moving things along. His parents moving did come at a bit of a bad time for us in regards to saving money, but I think it may help out in the long run since he'll now be pretty much instantly prepared for when he makes the move over here.

In regards to the VISA app, we haven't submitted that yet, I'm a little impatient about it, but I haven't brought it up because I know my SO has had so much going on with work and moving out of the house etc that he simply has not had the time to even think about it. The only way we've been getting to talk is he's been staying up really late a couple times and then only getting about 3-4 hours sleep before having to get up in the morning. So he's really been doing a lot for me, and for his family trying to get things sorted lately. Still, I've been missing him a lot since he's been so busy. Really just looking forward to that end date. Hoping that in the next couple of weeks we can really get things moving along.

Comment

Working...
                X