Pesky Atlantic.... And hi. New here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pesky Atlantic.... And hi. New here!

As former military who was married to military.. Im no stranger to LDR. But relationship came before distance. And it only heightened our incompatibility when we had to share domicile.

Never was into flirting in chat or forums or multiplayer games. Thought cybering was demented and online relationships a faddish game.
    Seems I may have been hasty. Presently my best friend is about to become my permanent squeeze. A daunting thought. I am curious on those that worked..how many hoops they had to jump to import their partner.
    He is from far northeast of Poland and I am from American Southwest. There is age gap. He is finishing bachelors and then we see how long to get him here again to stay.
    We have some differences in culture, EU versus American mentality, but our RC backgrounds give us a solid base of shared values, ethics, morales and expectations .

So hi everybody ! I am DJGinger aka Garimi ( pretty ginger pickles). A retired mom about to go back out of retirement to start a new family.. With a guy who is 5500 miles away by plane routes. Going to marry in 2014

Unless things go way south and sink to hell in a basket ^_^ * knock wood*
    Last edited by Ginger; May 10, 2014, 09:01 PM. Reason: iPad autocorrect hates me

Hi, welcome to the forum!! Getting married in 2014? That's this year, that's awesome. Good luck with everything!! I'm sure you will do it!

I think it's great to form a relationship with your best friend. My boyfriend is my best friend too, I was nervous about long distance before we made it official too, because I didn't know if it would work.. but when you found the person you want to be with, you make it work. Although my boyfriend and I are both currently still working on getting into jobs that will hopefully give us enough money to start saving heavily for our future together. He is graduating sooner than me and so we'll see.

Good luck with your future! And I'm with you on your sentiments towards that pesky Atlantic. It drives me crazy as well!! :P

Comment

Hi Ginger, welcome to the forum. You will find support and guidance and lots of great people here! Im 58 and putting my hat into the ring once again. My boyfriend and I have hooked up for about the third time, maybe fourth, in life and we've known each other for 38 years. We're about to close the distance next week, after a year of LD. Good luck with your relationship and again welcome aboard!

Comment

Working...
      X