Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone tell me I'm not entirely crazy? (or that I am!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
    I think it is a little bit crazy. The main reason being, you're talking about moving to the U.S to get married and live there, without having ever actually been there before. How do you know you're even going to like living there without haven't visited prior. I understand the desire for wanting to close the distance. But I would recommend you at least visit him once (and he you) before proceeding onto the step of moving.
    The OP can explain her situation herself, but I think you misread her post.

He will be moving to her country because he does freelance; she doesn't want to leave her country anytime soon because of her job that she values.

The only discussion about moving to the USA emerged because a poster mentioned getting a transfer within her company. The OP does not think this will be possible for awhile.

Marriage she has stated, would only occur in the future if living together actually works out.
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCat View Post
      I think it is a little bit crazy. The main reason being, you're talking about moving to the U.S to get married and live there, without having ever actually been there before. How do you know you're even going to like living there without haven't visited prior. I understand the desire for wanting to close the distance. But I would recommend you at least visit him once (and he you) before proceeding onto the step of moving.
      Um, we're planning on living here first and *then* moving to the US (where I grew up and did most of my schooling and even a little bit of college). AND, before it's asked... we didn't meet when I lived there because I was with a rather jealous and abusive man from ages 17 till I came back to Venezuela at age 22. He hated my now boyfriend who was also in a serious relationship (that ended in an engagement gone sour) and before *that* we were minors and my parents weren't too fond of the idea of me meeting someone I met online (they are *still* trying to understand how you can have an online friend!), not to mention... he was deployed. Sooo yeah I'm pretty sure I'll like the US XD I just don't want to move there while being dependant on him because it's not my goal... I want to be with him but first I want to make sure we mesh well together!
      Last edited by velkoria; May 20, 2014, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ally View Post
        Glad I could help. A separate place for a few weeks would help, but a few months might be even better. Do what you think is best for you; just be smart about it
        It's what I'm trying to do! I think we'll play it by ear when he gets here. If we both feel comfortable with movingh in together then we will but if we feel we need more time then we'll give it more time. We just want to be together but we're also well aware that we have to play it logical and smart no matter how crazy we want to be!

Comment

Everyone has brought up excellent points re: meeting first, but I just wanted to say it sounds as though you have a good head on your shoulders and are thinking things through carefully and logically. Best of luck
          In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
          In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
          -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
          X