Cheap flights for Norway-US!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheap flights for Norway-US!

Hi everyone, I just wanted to give a heads up about some new flight paths to Norway from the US. I just booked a round trip ticket to Oslo from Oakland for $600 total! Here is a screenshot of my receipt

Norwegian airlines is a discount airline, you even have to pay for cups of water and I did not pay to choose my own seat (which would have been $42 each way) and I am not paying for a meal on board (which is ALSO $42 each way!) but those minor inconveniences are totally worth it. if I didn't have to check a bag it would have been even cheaper as you can see.

Using United Airlines you can get a direct flight from Newark to Oslo for slightly more money but that's the option for those on the east coast. I live in southern California but it is still going to be WAY cheaper to book a separate flight to Oakland and back than it would be to fly from LAX or anywhere else in socal.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up that there are some crazy cheap flights to be had lately. And this one was only booked a month in advance!

That is an amazing deal!!! Good for you!!
    I should really try that sometime. I'm flying out to Germany tomorrow to visit my SO, and my ticket cost me $1200...ouch
    I also live in SoCal, and I am flying out of LAX, too. Perhaps I should try booking a separate flight to NorCal first, like you did.
    Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Yes, Norwegian airlines is expanding a lot these days I use their cheep flights to go to Turkey.
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Hello fellow Californian with a SO in Norway!

I'm going on this flight today! Though my flight got delayed 9 hours! So I get one less day with him than originally planned

Plus, we have to pay for water? I'm gonna eat dinner before I get there and I packed fruits, trail mix, and tortilla chips, but I wonder how hungry I'm going to get?

Comment

You are going to get pretty hungry I guess. They will sell dinner on board.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by lagunab View Post
            Hello fellow Californian with a SO in Norway!

I'm going on this flight today! Though my flight got delayed 9 hours! So I get one less day with him than originally planned

Plus, we have to pay for water? I'm gonna eat dinner before I get there and I packed fruits, trail mix, and tortilla chips, but I wonder how hungry I'm going to get?
            I was never hungry even though I traveled for 18 hours. I did get a meal on the flight, but I didn't need it, I just ate it because I payed for it upfront haha
            Eat before you fly and you should be fine.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
            Married: 1/24/2015
            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I just want to reply now that I've taken Norwegian what a terrible experience I had.

First the good. It's cheap but the airplane is wonderful, personal screens, tv and movies, a place to charge your phone.

Now for the bad. First I had a 6:45 pm flight it got delayed until 2:05 am. Ok I can deal. Then I was put on hold for 1 hour trying to get a later connecting flight. I did and all was good. Until... We didn't board until 2 am and then didn't leave until 3. I missed my connecting flight which was the last of the night. Then they ran out of hotel rooms so 1/2 of the ppl who missed their flights had to stay overnight- me for 9 hours in the airport. They then gave 2 115 Krona meal vouchers for lunch and dinner. This is about 15$ each and if you know Norway u know this will get u a sandwich and drink. Not 2 meals.

So here I am waiting to board my new flight which was supposed to begin at 6:40. Well they have 1 min to start.

I know it's my fault for booking a cheap flight, but I am completely dissatisfied and will never use Norwegian air again.

Comment

Working...
              X