Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, I'm so glad I found this forum, it's nice to see others in ldr. I met my SO online and it's coming onto 10 months since we first started this journey. We are totally Inlove and I was skeptical at first but my how he's changed that for me. I'm so lucky and he does the sweetest things we sed each other a package that contains a book that we take turns in writing in it goes the opportunity to were things down when we're feeling down etc also we send little bits and pieces but it's those little things that has so much thought in them we loe te feeling when our packages arrive. Anyways we r planning for me too visit him next month , I'm from uk and he lives in canada Ontario. We've talked about the future and he wants me to move to him which I was ok with however I have 3 kids and I don't know when it comes down to it I could move my boys away from their father. I feel awful cos I know it would kill me if my kids were taken away to a diff country from me. I don't think he would go a lot on the idea and can see it would have to be taken to court. So I was just looking for bit of advice really ? Is there others that have moved their kids to a diff country to be with their SO?

Don't do it, as long as he's a decent, loving father, your children need to be in his life, and not just through Skype. They'll grow into better adults for it. Unfortunately, kids and LDR's don't mix easily, especially since the children always, always have to be put first, even if that means you don't get what you want. Certainly, if your boyfriend is a good man, he'll understand this, if he doesn't, you need to ask what else he'll expect to come before your children. Good luck.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm in a different situation but I understand your point. My kids live in Finland with me but after we divorced their father decided to move back to the States. This was last fall.
      I have a daughter and a son. It was really difficult especially for my daughter since she had so many hobbies with dad. I feel that their father did not put kids first by moving away. He had found a new girlfriend in the States and that made the move even quicker. They skype regularly and they've spent 2 weeks together in the winter and soon again in the summer but that's nowhere near as good as having father around. So, maybe consider bringing your SO to England if he has no kids. You don't have the language barrier so that's one less challenge. When kids are older it's different, they can decide themselves what they want to do.

Comment

Well he has kids too, this is so depressing cos I really don't wanna lose him yet my kids will always come first... My kids have only started to have weekend contact with their father as although we weren't together we still lived together due to some financial ties up untill a month ago. He's a "ok" dad he doesn't really have a good relationship with my too older ones (10 & 8 ) they argue all the time , he is unemployed so he looked after our youngest whilst I work so he has a attachment with him. Now that I'm not supporting him financially he can't realy do much with the boys and he doesn't really have any intention to work either he is pretty much a lazy bum.... But I know he still is their dad an I can't take that away from him

Comment

Working...
        X