First time here! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time here! :)

So I'm a newbie here, so I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully start enjoying a great community of people!

My name is Karrissa, I'm 28 and from the Chicago area. I have a pretty busy life, with full-time work, part-time school, and 3 kids 5 and under. Somewhere along this crazy adventure I met Sean! We've been friends for over 2 years now, and with how much time we've spent together, and how much we had in common, a couple months ago we decided to make ourselves "official"!

I came here for advice, and a community of people who are/were going through the same experiences as I am! I'm really new to this online romance thing, and though we've known each other so long, I'll just only be meeting him for the first time in August!

So happy to meet everyone, and looking forward to seeing what happens

Also I should note that I posted here because I'm American, and he's Canadian, and I think International may have more challenges than domestic :/

Comment

Hi Karrissa! Welcome to the forum! I wish you much happiness in your future together and also, for your first meeting!! First meetings are so exciting! Try to take a lot of photos and maybe some videos if you can, because they can help you through the times you have to be apart! And there are loads of other ideas floating around this site for things you can do from afar, and advice and things, so I'm sure you will like it here. Take care and stay strong!

Comment

It's nice to meet a fellow us/Canadian couple! =)
        Salutations!
        Welcome to LFAD, If you need help with anything, or just need someone to talk to, I'm ALWAYS here ^-^
        -wishing you the best
        "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I'm kind of new here myself this international stuff is exciting and convoluted congratulations on having a first date set!! That's incredibly awesome!!
          "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Hi!
            I'm new too me being 29 from uk and SO also from canada. I also have 3 children and we are currently making plans too meet either the end of this month or early next month. 😊

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome and hope your first visit turns out great
                I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome! How exciting that you finally get to meet soon!

I was a Texan dating a Canadian for 2 years. We married this past April and still adjusting to living together. We are going through the immigration process for me to become a Permanent Resident here and that is stressful but worth it in the long run.

Good luck, hope all goes well!
                  February 2012 -- met online
                  August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                  April 2013 -- met in person
                  June 2013 -- broke up
                  July 2013 -- back together
                  August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                  October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                  April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Hello there and welcome to the forum, wishing you all the best for your first visit, hope it comes around quickly
                    Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                    First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Working...
                    X