No announcement yet.

I donīt know what to do :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dziubka has made an interesting point. I remember when I was with my ex and it came to the point I really couldn't stand him anymore but was too coward to end it, so I was always starting pointless arguments just to make him leave me, if you understand. But while it can be stupid when talking about teenage girl, it's absolutely unaccaptale coming from grown man in long-lasting commited relationship like Jana's SO. So I really hope he will calm down and see how unfair he was.

Comment

That's really unfair and frustrating and upsetting of him, and I'm so sorry you're dealing with this.

As for what to do, my honest opinion? Apply for the opening, and if he really wants to end the relationship over that, let it be ended. It doesn't bode well for his ability to handle bumps in the road, and trust me, there will be WAY bigger bumps in life than having to postpone moving in for a month or two.

You can tell him you're sorry he feels that way, and you love him and are committed to your future together, but this opportunity it also for your future, and you don't like the way it feels like he's trying to control you.

And make no mistake, it's definitely a controlling attempt.
      This sucks all around, I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by talim View Post
        Dziubka has made an interesting point. I remember when I was with my ex and it came to the point I really couldn't stand him anymore but was too coward to end it, so I was always starting pointless arguments just to make him leave me, if you understand. But while it can be stupid when talking about teenage girl, it's absolutely unaccaptale coming from grown man in long-lasting commited relationship like Jana's SO. So I really hope he will calm down and see how unfair he was.
        On a total side note, Talim I just noticed your footer and how long you have been together today
        1 year, 1 month, 1 week and 1 day !

And this is my 999th post.

Comment

Once again, thank you all for your opinions and advice. Normally I donīt have problems to vocalize my emotions and views, but this time I really needed someone else to help. I found here many great points that I was able to use when talking to my SO. It was quite hard, but we were able to get to a compromise. I will apply for the english course after I spend summer in Denmark, which we didnīt plan before. I am not good at forgiving and I am sure I will remember all the harsh words he told me, but the single most important thing for me is that we reached the agreement.

Comment

I'm so glad that you guys could work out a compromise! It's great that you get to the do the course, especially since it will help you so much with work applications when you're there
            Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
            First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

Working...
            X