Saudi Arabia-Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saudi Arabia-Colorado

Hello everyone my name is Ayla!! The fact that i found a LDR website is amazing and the fact there is an international forum excites me even more. Well Me and my boy friend met here in the US about 9 months ago, we were both attending college. We hit it off amazing, we literally clicked right away. After he graduated from college he could not find a job and with money running short he had no choice but to move back home to Saudi Arabia. We decided to stay together in hopes that he can move back but there is no guarantee and people think I'm insane for staying with him. I honestly love him with all my heart and if there is the slightest possibility this can work I feel it is completely worth it. I don't know how to cope with this huge change though and the fact that he is 9 hours ahead of me really puts things on another level. Is there anyone in a similar situation that can help me? maybe ideas on how to keep the love alive? He left the 24th of June, I graduated the 25th of June and my Birthday is the 30th, so I'm sure you can imagine all the stress I'm under. I just want him here with me through all of this.

Hey! Welcome to LFAD! You found the right place for lots of advice and ideas. You can search the forum for things specific. If you haven't already, check out the things to do page on the main site (https://www.lovingfromadistance.com/...uplestodo.html). It's totally possible to handle the distance when you are both committed to making it work.. and try and communicate as much as you can.. or make a schedule or something you both are happy with that works with your schedules. I'm 8 hours behind my boyfriend so it's a similar time difference to you and your boyfriend. It varies how much I get to talk to him because of how busy we might be from time to time.. it's good to find activities or things you can do when you aren't able to talk to each other, fun hobbies or things to do to keep busy.. or find a job and work a lot of hours which also can help towards a visit or some care packages or something else for you two. And try and get webcams and skype because it's so nice to see each other moving and hearing them.

It might take awhile, it's okay to miss each other and good to but you should get into a rhythm of communication that works for you. But don't be afraid to talk to each other when something isn't working like you'd like to so you can figure out what else you can do.. or realize that it wasn't as big of an issue as you thought.

And congratulations on graduating and happy early birthday. I hope you can have a great day, maybe get together with some of your friends and/or family, and have a skype date with your boyfriend.. or if you cant skype.... take some pictures to share the day with him and send an email or something

Comment

Thank you so much for the support!!! It means a lot, I have a lot of unsupportive people in my life when it comes to my relationship. There are so many negative things that go around about american woman being with Saudi men. Its rather sad to be honest but it makes things worse. You want to believe there not true but when there said so much its hard. And we all know a woman's mind can be dangerous at times lol. Thank you so much for congratulating me that means a lot to me. what do you and your boyfriend do to really keep things fun other than texting or skype

Comment

Originally posted by GlowMarie View Post
        Thank you so much for the support!!! It means a lot, I have a lot of unsupportive people in my life when it comes to my relationship. There are so many negative things that go around about american woman being with Saudi men. Its rather sad to be honest but it makes things worse. You want to believe there not true but when there said so much its hard. And we all know a woman's mind can be dangerous at times lol. Thank you so much for congratulating me that means a lot to me. what do you and your boyfriend do to really keep things fun other than texting or skype
        You're welcome! Aww yeah it would make it so much harder when there are negative things being said about men who are from the same area as your boyfriend. You have to remind yourself what you know about your boyfriend and that stereotypes are only stereotypes.. maybe it is true in some cases, but definitely not all!!! Just keep your spirits up and remember everything you know about your boyfriend that lets you now he is a good man The mind can certainly be a dangerous thing, getting jealous or making of weird reasons for things that aren't true at all. I guess that's why communication is so important, because then you can stop the weird thoughts before they go further!! Though sometimes it takes more effort because the thoughts can be stubborn haha.

Things my boyfriend and I do besides texting or skype... well sometimes we watch YouTube videos together. Usually we just share the link and count down if we want to watch it at almost the same time. Sometimes we listen to music together because my boyfriend loves music and knows a lot of songs. Sometimes he does karaoke which is fun to watch and listen to. I sometimes sing along if I know the song but I'm definitely not as good of a singer as him!! lol um we'll show each other articles we find.. not so exciting most of the time but sometimes there is something interesting found! Oh some fun more romantic things are talking about future visit plans, even though it's a while before we can see each other again, just talking about what we will try and do or see together can be fun and keep us motivated. Also talking about future plans like marriage and wedding and pets and kids and stuff.. things that are further into the future. :P um oh games can be fun or Trivia!! It can be cool even to look up trivia of your home towns or country or of some topic you like!

Besides times when you skype, which you could do almost any activity and try and coordinate them, which can be interesting. :P be creative if you can! :P But you can also put together a package of something cute or something he will like. or more inexpensively you could write a love letter of your feelings. He would probably appreciate that even if he doesn't want to write one back. Or if you have cameras that take video or even your phones, you can video yourself saying a cute message or showing each other things in your towns or food you are eating or something and sending it to each other.. you can make a youtube account and set videos to private or unlisted (only a person with the link can view). Um I can't think of what else we do right now but maybe one of these ideas would be something you would want to try anyways. Or you can modify one to however suits you as a couple!!

Comment

Working...
        X