Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When should I tell my mother/family about my LDR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When should I tell my mother/family about my LDR?

hey there,

so, I am not really sure when I should tell my mother/family about my LDR. We are together for a little over a month now. First meeting will be in october this year. Both of us are 23, so I would say mature enough to know what we are doing.
    Besides that I am afraid that my mom won't be happy with my decision, also because I would love to move to America to live with my SO, so we can close the distance asap, tough it's to early thinking about that I guess.
    Plus I started my training as a teacher in february this year ( I am from Germany) and I am trying to figure out if it's possible to transfer to an american university or someting like that so I can study there...does anyone know if that's possible?

Hope you can help me with my "problems" and thank you in advance!

Hey! I am from Austria, have a relationship with an American and am studying to become a teacher, so we're in the same boat YAY!!

I would probably tell the parents before you left (is it you going or him coming?) so they know where you are and who you are with! Making plans on where to move from the very beginning is very important and we made up our mind from the first week on! My parents weren't very happy with my decision, but over time they accepted it and are now very supportive of our relationship Moving to America is pretty difficult though, it takes a lot of time and money. You can try for different visas! We are currently waiting for our Fiance Visa and to get married (hopefully) within this year

When it comes to transferring to an American college, you would have to see if you could do it through your college. Sometimes there is partner school or some other programs that encourage you to spend a year/a semester in a different country! Maybe you are lucky enough to find a college in America (and maybe even close to your SO!)

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Working...
    X