Booked the tickets!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booked the tickets!!

We booked the tickets for our first visit today. I didn't think we'd be able to until next week but I happened to get on today to see how much the insurance was for the tickets and the price for the ticket itself had dropped $500! So I booked them and even get to see her 2 days earlier than originally planned rather than postponing the trip 5 days like I'd thought I would have to. I'm super excited! I know the nervousness will set in shortly!

Also, we recently found out that people travelling from many countries that required a passport only now require you to apply for a ESTA visa waiver. I believe it's something new. You apply for it online and it costs $14. If anyone needs the link I'd be happy to post it.

That's awesome! Have fun on your visit!

Comment

No, I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure you're incorrect in thinking anyone from the UK can travel here without a passport. They absolutely must have a passport, it's a visa they don't need, and a citizen of any VWP participating country must have an ESTA. Don't confuse visas and passports, or your SO will never even be able to board the plane.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/572/~/entering-the-u.s.---documents-required-for-foreign-nationals-%28international
      Last edited by Moon; August 3, 2014, 10:14 AM. Reason: added link
      Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Good luck on your trip!

I am sure you need a passport for international travel, though. It is not that complicated or expensive to get one.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Sorry, I worded that funny. I meant you now need to an ESTA visa waiver on top of having the passport. She has her passport.

"people travelling from many countries that required a passport only now require you to apply for a ESTA visa waiver." I should have added an as well to better clarify what I meant.

Thank you LovingAcrossTheAtlantic and differentcountries.

Comment

Woooohoooo, yay for booking the tickets!
            I always leave my booking to last minute because I always think that a better deal/cheaper price will show up eventually but I'm always wrong - lesson learnt!
            Have an awesome time
            [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
            became official: 28.03.11
            first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
            second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
            our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
            third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
            fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
            surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
            viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
            jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
            my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Thank you very much. from my months worth of checking prices depending on how long away your travel date is I found that ticket prices are usually the best either way ahead of time (5 months or so) or 3 weeks before the date of the flight. In my case anyways, I can't say it's the same when other countries are involved.

Comment

I booked mine exactly 3 weeks before departure but it definitely wasn't the cheapest, haa. I booked it on a Wednesday but on the same Monday, it was almost $100 cheaper!
                I guess it really depends where you're going andd.. delete those cookies!
                [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                became official: 28.03.11
                first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. I never deleted my cookies O.o

Comment

Congratulations! Booking the tickets is definitely an amazing feeling! Enjoy the visit

Met online: 04.19.14
                    Became a couple: 04.23.14
                    First Visit: 08.09.14-08.15.14
                    Second Visit: 12.17.14-12.28.14
                    Third Visit: 02.13.15-02.15.15
                    Fourth Visit: 04.03.15-04.06.15
                    CLOSED THE DISTANCE/GOT MARRIED: 06.22.15/06.27.15

Comment

Thank you Noodle. I'm sure I will

Comment

Working...
                      X