Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LD Pregnancy?

Hi there,

I've been lurking around these forums around the start of my relationship, since I didn't know exactly what to expect. Anyways, here is my story, and if you would please comment about what you think would be the best option, that would be great, thank you!

My SO and I met each other just several months ago and it wasn't long before we started dating. Thank goodness we decided that we have to meet soon, for the sake of both our sanities as this was the first relationship for the both of us. I booked my ticket around 2 months ago and boarded the plane just around 3 weeks ago! The trip as a whole was absolutely wonderful, as I had never been to Europe before. At the time, he was living in Stockholm so that's where I had visited. Of course being a young couple, we got intimate pretty quickly. When we finally decided to take the big step (a few days after I had been there), I made sure to talk it out with him, about pregnancy and everything. Over the course of the next week, let's just say that we did it quite often. Every time we did it, it was a condom, although we suspect it of breaking once.

Fast forward to now! I got back just a week ago but I have been showing symptoms of pregnancy, already. My period is quite irregular so I wouldn't be able to tell through a missed period. I'm just waiting for a week to go by before I use a pregnancy test but, I just wanted to ask. For those who have had pregnancy scares or have been pregnant in long distance relationships, how do you deal with it and what do you do? We've talked about all the possibilities and what we could do after I gave birth, but nothing about the time during my pregnancy. I'm even more worried since I'm supposed to be leaving for Southeast Asia for a volunteer opportunity for a year, in a month and a half. However, we will be seeing each other again in September right before I leave.

I've had quite a few pregnancy scares, if you can call it that. Mostly it was just me freaking out because I showed a small pregnancy symptom that would have also been symptoms of other things. I've always been on the pill and I knew it was pretty effective, but I still freaked out. Usually right before I/he leaves and right after each visit, I would start feeling crampy and all these other pregnancy symptoms. My period is also pretty irregular so it was difficult for me to figure out when/if I would miss a period. I'd definitely say don't freak yourself out more than you need to. Don't be like me and Google every symptom to see if it's a pregnancy symptom, haha. I'm glad y'all talked it out responsibly and maturely.

The only way you'll know for sure is through a pregnancy test. You can get a pack of two tests. You can begin by taking one when you think you may have missed a period and then using the second one a week or two later. That's what I did the first time and it definitely helped me put my nerves at rest.

I hope everything works out for you!
    [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
    became official: 28.03.11
    first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
    second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
    our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
    third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
    fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
    surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
    viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
    jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
    my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
      I've had quite a few pregnancy scares, if you can call it that. Mostly it was just me freaking out because I showed a small pregnancy symptom that would have also been symptoms of other things. I've always been on the pill and I knew it was pretty effective, but I still freaked out. Usually right before I/he leaves and right after each visit, I would start feeling crampy and all these other pregnancy symptoms. My period is also pretty irregular so it was difficult for me to figure out when/if I would miss a period. I'd definitely say don't freak yourself out more than you need to. Don't be like me and Google every symptom to see if it's a pregnancy symptom, haha. I'm glad y'all talked it out responsibly and maturely.

The only way you'll know for sure is through a pregnancy test. You can get a pack of two tests. You can begin by taking one when you think you may have missed a period and then using the second one a week or two later. That's what I did the first time and it definitely helped me put my nerves at rest.

I hope everything works out for you!
      I agree. I've had some scares when I was with my ex, but it was mostly me being a spaz and freaking out over nothing. If you're truly concerned, wait a little while (like a month) and take some pregnancy tests. You could also go to Planned Parenthood and get a test done, theirs are probably more accurate. Don't worry about it too much.

Comment

I wouldn't wait too long, because the best thing is to get the test over and done with to ease your mind.
        Being a mother of two children (both wanted and planned) and having had my fare share of scares (mainly due to my wild imagination) I can tell you that your body/brain is able to make you think you are pregnant and you start to believe it and then suddenly you have all "the symptoms".
        This is why it would probably be best to just take the test first.
        Btw if you are pregnant one very sure symptom is that your boobs grow noticeably in the beginning of the pregnancy, 8 weeks or so.

Good luck with everything.

Comment

Do NOT get ahead of yourself.

Go and get two early detection pregnancy tests. One to use now, one in a week's time. These tests can detect hormones very early in the pregnancy IF you are pregnant. It will say so on the front of the box.

Stressing about the possibility that you could be pregnant can further delay your period. Stress does crazy things to woman's bodies.

Breathe. Go and get that peace of mind. Take a test.

Comment

Im in the same situation as yours. My period is always irregular but it's never been this late, so yesterday I made a test and the result was negative. I ll wait a week or two more and if my period doesnt come I ll go to a doctor and do a blood sample.
            Im freaked out too, I feel you, but as other said, stress can be against us so just calm down and do a test.
            Hope everything goes well for the both of us.
            Last edited by Cristiana; August 4, 2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your replies everyone! I'll wait until tomorrow morning to take the test since supposedly, that's the best time to take one. I bought myself one a week ago but just haven't used it yet, I guess it's time!

Comment

I had this happen early on in my LDR too. I took a pregnancy test as soon as I noticed something was off (I have hormonal issues so it did take me awhile to notice that things were amiss). It was a false alarm for me, but taking the pregnancy test put my mind at ease. As Emilia said, an early detection pregnancy test would probably be your best option. It looks like your communicating everything with your partner which is great. You definitely don't want to face any of this alone, false alarm or not.

Comment

I'm sorry you have to deal with this, but I happen to be on the same boat. Ever since I came home I have lost my appetite and I am feeling nauseous and can't get myself to eat during the day and I feel so tired all the time and I'm having weird stomach cramps on my right side, sometimes through whole stomach, but we did the test like 2 weeks ago. I had my period end 3 days ago and it lasted 5 days so I'm not sure if I could get period and still be pregnant?

However, I told this to my SO and he's worried I may have something else and wants me to go to doctor. But I don't wanna freak out yet, because what are the chances if I had my period? I want to wait 3 weeks more for my next period, but we will see.

I think the chances of me getting pregnant cant be high, because we experimented without only 2 times when i was on my period, 1st or second day of it, and even so it would be a pre-ejaculate so I dont think I can be pregnant?

Comment

Pre-cum can have sperm in it and the fact that you did it while you had your period does not mean that you can't have gotten pregnant.

Buy a pregnancy test and find out.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                    Married: 1/24/2015
                    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

@snow but we did the test a week before my period that I had now

I think if anything would happen on 1st day of my period, 8 days ago it still wouldnt show on test now and I wouldn't have so many symptoms yet, no?

and technically fertility window is just 24hours and I know when I'm fertile. I even did an ovulation test before

Comment

Originally posted by innocentbutterfly View Post
                        and technically fertility window is just 24hours and I know when I'm fertile. I even did an ovulation test before
                        While that is correct, sperm can live in your vagina/uterus/fallopian tube for 4-5 days, so if you have sex on Monday and ovulate on Wednesday, for example, you could still totally get pregnant. Use protection, everyone.
                        first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
                        second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

Someone above mentioned getting a blood test. I'd do that.

Comment

So, you were unprotected while you had your period last month. Then you did a test a week before your next period?
                            Chances are, you are not pregnant, but I would say you should go to a doctor to make sure.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                            First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                            Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                            Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                            Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                            Married: 1/24/2015
                            Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

as I said it was 1st day of my period...even if the sperm would survive it lasted 4 more days, ended on 5th and my fertile days are happening now but I think in two days I'll have an actual window. i mean I wouldnt even have ovulation like thingy down there if I got pregnant, no?

and still I think the symptoms wouldnt come so fast. Yet we didn't go all the way... because he couldnt

yes snow, thats exactly correct. And if something would happen during this period 7 days ago on 1st day of it I wouldn't yet feel all those symptoms I think. I mean I want to wait till my next period.

@red blood test at my general doctor? because I dont know where I should go if I need to. To general or my gyn
                              Last edited by innocentbutterfly; September 12, 2014, 06:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X