Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being nervous

Infront, sorry for bad english.

I feeling nervous to meet my SO. We texting/calling since kinda year. He sayed he has trouble to get visa for europe, so I took a brave breath and made the step to book tickets. My friends thinking its 'crazy' and my parents was long time against it ... to meet him at first at his country.

But I don't know if it is just life time issue - busy work week ... I feel like distance since I told him i book tickets. He checking his msg in app more less or more very late and than often he just uses stickers instead of writing. And getting much more later online to talk to me as usual time. Even if he knows, I do waiting always at the same time. I feel so nervous, feeling more easier hit cause this step to book ticket its for me "hey i am serious! I love you and I go for you around the globe" I am afraid to get hurt now. If he is than an hour later online, he tries to call me and saying he always love me. He make me crazy with this. I feel mad and sad than. I try not show than but he knows it, that he did wrong. It is okay for me, to be not every day, in connection but than, i want to get a msg to let me know i can sleep longer (but he said, i want to talk to me everyday). i don't want to wait for nothing and feeling forgotten. i am afraid i wait later than on airport and nobody is comming. this fear is growing in my head - now. but maybe I do panic by myself cause of this special situation to flight around the world for somebody who stole my heart. I've never done this before.

It makes me sad too to have nobody to talk, somebody who have an international relationship too and can share experience and not just empty sentences of imaginations. Somebody who understands it. If I would bring this topics to my beloved they would starting to tell me about bad internet people and evil intensions they have. (Somebody would love to write or chat ...? ^^)

A bad point if I want to talk to him is the bad internet connection too. Sometimes I cannot understand the sentence or just get a clue cause of some words, what he said, same for him with me. Sometimes we both than nut-heads and try it over and over again to get a call with a good connection ready. Of crouse we laugh and had fun all the weeks before. My typing above sound bad image about him - but that is of course not his own site. He has great sites and he is the one I felt in love. But this week of more 'silence' ... it make me nervous, is it childish? And I don't know what to do with this feelings ... I feel like i need a real hug, a deep view into the eyes, and the world is shiny again ... but he is so far away, and yea ... . And my mind says to me: If you have met him, and you stayed some weeks together, than you can really proof the love.

I could write so much more, but to write it open here ... makes me feel: oh I don't want to go in public to much, even everybody has here for sure same experiences in history or right now (silent readers) =/. Sorry ...

I know exactly how you feel. My SO can't leave his country at the moment so i'm taking a leap of faith and going to him.
    Me and my SO don't have set times that we talk, he has a habit of just randomly falling asleep or going out and not telling me that he is going out so actual voice calls are a hit and miss thing, we've only video called twice because he doesn't like being on cam. I've had days where we haven't talked, both of us have gone through some bad things but I am more open with talking about them than he is and he tends to close in on himself.

I'm so nervous that I'm going to show up at the airport all on my own and he isn't going to turn up. I don't know what I would do if he did that.

So yeah I understand what's going through your head at the moment.

I hope everything goes okay
    Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
    Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
    Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
    His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
    Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
    Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
    Married: June 29th 2018
    Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

I'm sorry you feel like this
      When I first visited my SO I was pretty certain he would be at the airport waiting for me but I'm also a girl who likes to have all avenues covered as unfortunately you can never really know someone.
      I took a back up credit card with a good enough buffer to make sure I was 1- able to pay for a stay at a hotel near the airport and 2 - for return flights should I need them. it made me feel a lot better about the situation
      You are extremely brave to be doing this and I hope you get the result you want :-)

Comment

When I went to see my SO first time it was in his country alone too. I knew he would be picking me up at the airport but I had my back up plans ready too. Always make sure you have a back up plan the first time. Make sure you have enough cash to grab a cab and/or a hotel and book a trip back earlier if you need to. Other than that enjoy, I would love to go visit his country someday. I heard it is gorgeous.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

(sorry for late replay. I wasn't here online under the week).

Thank you all 3 for replaying me. I feel better know. I agree it sounds like a good plan to have - just for the case - enough money on bank to buy an additional flight ticket to home. I feel like an egg right now. I think, I am nervous if something could be a belonging to something bad in the view of the first meeting. I guess, I am not easy. I don't know this site of me! It never shown up. All time before. And just for update, he takes his time now for me. I am back to become relax. But however, this nervous-egg-site, I wish I can handle it better.

@Cain, thanks to call me brave. I guess ... that it is. To travel international, feels like a big adventure. Last night I had a stupid dream about it: I didn't found the right airport, than my passport was not there, than I didn't saw anybody to ask for help and than I was wrong plan and every was an actor and ...uhh... crazy stuff. I did enter a Facebook group for "woman who travel alone" to get some more tipps from ppl with knowledge of traveling. Makes me feel better. Even if their reason to travel not be the same :roll eyes: haha.

@Hollandia: From what I know about Panamá I think it is a very interesting country. It never was on my personal list 'where I want to go someday' (before) but I do reading about it in blogs or watching instagram photos since a year now ... I starting to get like it. And if I like it or not - well this, I need to find out if I stay my vacations over there - I want to get my personal opinion about it. Most off, I am afraid of hot humid weather. I hope my body don't will go sick or bring me to trouble. But I know it will be rainy/winter time there if I come so its still hot but not that super hot.

Greetings,

Comment

This subject came up three times today. As I posted in another thread, don't be afraid to tell the airline staff it is your first time. They were very sweet and helpful to me from the lady at check in to the in flight crew. Every body flies alone the first time point so we all understand how it feels. If you would like any help please feel free to PM me.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
            X