Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He asked for my ring size??

Hey guys,

hope all of you had a nice weekend so far.

So, me and my SO were talking on skype and all of a sudden he asked me which ring size I am wearing and which cut I like....
    He acted a little mysterious. He was looking something up on the internet but didn't tell me what. He was always like wow, damn etc. etc.
    I asked him what he was doing and he told me that he couldn't tell me because then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore...

What does that mean? a ring for our friendship or does he even want to propose?

Kind of curious right now but he won't tell me. What do you think?

Oh how exciting and mysterious
    I'm actually going to say try not to think about it because if you are expecting one thing such as an engagement ring and you get something different you'll be disappointed.

I hope the surprise is good though
    Flying out to meet him for the first time: 16th November 2014 - 14th December 2014
    Flying out to meet him for the second time: 3rd June 2015 -18th July 2015
    Flying out to meet him for the third time: 12th December 2016 - 12th January 2017
    His first flight to me: April 2018 DENIED ENTRY
    Flying out to meet him for the fourth time: 23rd June 2018 - 7th July 2018
    Got Engaged: 12th December 2016
    Married: June 29th 2018
    Hoping to close the distance: 2019/2020

Comment

Well, you know him best - Have you been together long enough that a proposal would be realistic? But really, speculation is not going to help you much, so you should wait and see. I would guess it's going to be a ring as a gift, it doesn't need to be an engagement one.

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Originally posted by Miasmata View Post
        Well, you know him best - Have you been together long enough that a proposal would be realistic? But really, speculation is not going to help you much, so you should wait and see. I would guess it's going to be a ring as a gift, it doesn't need to be an engagement one.
        This. I agree that you shouldn't speculate or think about it too much, or expect anything. Though, it is exciting.

Comment

no, I defenitely won't think about too much. But I was kind of shocked and my heart started beating because it was cute. When he asked me he seemed a little shy.
          Either way, it'll be a nice surprise.

Comment

Aww :3 That's too cute. How long have you guys been dating? You seem to be at the right age to get engaged/married "What cut do you like?" definitely sounds engagement-ringy to me, but who knows?

My boyfriend wanted to know my ring size pretty early in the relationship (we decided we were going to get married pretty early, too) because he didn't want me to know in advance when he was gonna propose exactly. He also said I'd have to show him examples of ring styles I like online one day. I'm still not expecting a proposal anytime soon 'cause I know he doesn't have a lot of money right now.
            Alma, maybe your boyfriend also wants to know your ring size well in advance so you'll be able to forget about it somewhat so it'll be kind of a surprise?

Pro tip: Get your finger sized in the US because they use a different sizing system. Mine's a 6.5 in American sizing, but a 50-something in German/European sizing.
            first met in 2008 -- started talking online again in 2011 -- decided to go on a date in 2012 -- actually started dating on our first visit in August 2013 --
            second visit in February 2014 -- third visit in June 2014 -- fourth visit in September 2014

Comment

It's really cute :P

Well, we started talking in march and he asked me to be his girlfriend in june...so it's still a new relationship. I am really really curious now. But I try to forget about it, first of all because I def. want it to be a surprise, wether it's an engagement ring or not. And because I have alot of other stuff going on right now :P

I'll see what happens, either way it is really cute =)

I love surprises hehe

Comment

Maybe it's a promise ring? Instead of automatically assuming it's an engagement ring, especially as your relationship is only 2months old roughly - it could just be a promise ring? Just a thought.

Comment

I agree with everyone that says you shouldn't speculate, especially since your relationship is so young. I thoroughly agree with JaneEmily, it could just be a promise ring. He could also just want to know.
                  "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Originally posted by JaneEmily View Post
                    Maybe it's a promise ring? Instead of automatically assuming it's an engagement ring, especially as your relationship is only 2months old roughly - it could just be a promise ring? Just a thought.
                    At least I HOPE it's a promise ring. Buying an engagement ring before even meeting in person and spending time together would be... odd, to say the least.
                    I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                      At least I HOPE it's a promise ring. Buying an engagement ring before even meeting in person and spending time together would be... odd, to say the least.
                      Agreed. If my SO had even thought about buying a ring so early in on our relationship, I'd be freaked out. I'd wait at least around the 8 month mark before you're really sure of that kind of thing if they want to be engaged early off.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoThree View Post
                        Agreed. I didn't realize the relationship was only about 2 - 3 months old. Also, that you guys just started talking in March. No where near enough time to get to know someone. My SO and I have been together for over a year and a half and we have yet to even really talk about marriage.

Comment

Working...
                        X