Frustrated...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrated...

Just needing some space to vent about how frustrated I am getting at the moment...

Me and my partner have been doing long distance for over 2 years now, he is in Egypt and I am in Australia.
    He is studying and I am working so we only get to see each other twice a year... Also because flight tickets are $2,000 plus each trip.

We have an 8-9 hour time difference so it's always hard to find time that we are both awake and not in uni or at work.

Were currently putting together paperwork to do a prospective marriage visa, but just feeling so overwhelmed at all the information immigration request. And also once it is submitted we have a 12 month wait before we will hear if the visa is granted or declined.

We see both feeling very drained at the moment and it doesn't help that due to the visa cost (over $3,000) that means we can only see each other once next year which won't be easy.

I'm trying to hard to stay positive and to keep my eye on our end goal but I am just feeling so exhausted and hoping we can muster up enough strength to get all the application work done and to handle at least another 12 months apart. I know 2 years long distance is that long compared to others, but it is just becoming increasingly painful for me

Just want some words of encouragement or if other people have gone through the lengthy partner process?
    EGYPT's GOT TALENT

that's what you have to look at the end goal. it's going to be all worth it once it's done. i know at this time it's hard very hard and aggravating. in the end it will be all worth it i promise you.

Comment

Could you meet somewhere in the middle that may not be as expensive to get to?
      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

You are right to keep your mind on the end goal. Right now it does suck that you can only see each other once in the the coming year, but how amazing is it going to be when you see each other every day. It will be well worth that sacrifice you made! It's not going to be easy, but it's going to be good in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by LDR View Post
          Just needing some space to vent about how frustrated I am getting at the moment...

Me and my partner have been doing long distance for over 2 years now, he is in Egypt and I am in Australia.
          He is studying and I am working so we only get to see each other twice a year... Also because flight tickets are $2,000 plus each trip.

We have an 8-9 hour time difference so it's always hard to find time that we are both awake and not in uni or at work.

Were currently putting together paperwork to do a prospective marriage visa, but just feeling so overwhelmed at all the information immigration request. And also once it is submitted we have a 12 month wait before we will hear if the visa is granted or declined.

We see both feeling very drained at the moment and it doesn't help that due to the visa cost (over $3,000) that means we can only see each other once next year which won't be easy.

I'm trying to hard to stay positive and to keep my eye on our end goal but I am just feeling so exhausted and hoping we can muster up enough strength to get all the application work done and to handle at least another 12 months apart. I know 2 years long distance is that long compared to others, but it is just becoming increasingly painful for me

Just want some words of encouragement or if other people have gone through the lengthy partner process?
          I can totally relate re visa process for Australia. We are making preparations for that process too. If you want to talk, get tips etc. feel free to PM me. I have been reading and gathering info for the last 9 months. Also, if you haven't joined an Australian immigration forum yet, I have a good one in mind.

Hang in there! You can do this!
          Met Online : July 2013
          Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
          2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
          3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
          Proposal : December 2014
          Closed distance : February 2015
          Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

Thanks everyone yeah I am on the australiaforum and been scouring there for visa info for some time now.

It's been almost a whole year for him to even get military paperwork he needed in order to apply for a passport.. Just really bloody frustrating that things which take a week or 2 here seem to take months over there.. Corruption has really ruined the country and makes life so hard for people it's ridiculous
            EGYPT's GOT TALENT

Comment

Working...
            X